ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around through the threads but havent found much.

I live in Wilmington, NC. First off - any WRX owners around me?
I dont own one yet and was just wondering good dealers within about 200 miles from me (north or south carolina). Our dealer, Parkway Volvo and Subaru, only has one 2004 WRX Wagon on the lot. NOTHING else, no STi's, not 2005's, no used. Also if you guys could just keep a lookout for me and if you happen to catch a good deal ($17K or under) on a 2002-2003 WRX then please tell me. I was down in Myrtle Beach, SC today and saw a WRB rex heading south (i think) on 501. Anyone?

Well thanks for everything.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Performance Subaru is supposed to be one of the best dealers around here. It's in Chapel Hill/Raleigh. Supposedly they're pretty mod-friendly. That's where I'm going to start taking my car if it needs anything.

Whatever you do, don't go to Southern States Imports here in Raleigh. Those guys are d!cks.

Good luck! :wiggles:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Viking Subaru in Charleston is pretty good if you deal with the sales manager, all the other guys aren't very helpful. They have about 7 or 8 new WRX's on the lot right now. Capital Imports in Columbia (which was awesome) has switched over to Hancock Subaru...don't know anyone that has been there yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Flow Subaru in Winston-Salem is pretty good on prices and pretty mod friendly too.

i work for Flow there so i know.

just that its only 5 hours from where you are. but just a thought.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Flow Subaru in Winston-Salem is pretty good on prices and pretty mod friendly too.
This is also the place where someone at the parts counter told me if I put any MT fluid other than specified in the owners manual it would void my warranty. And that if there were tranny problems they would check for that. I guess it just depends on who you deal with.

·
Registered
319 Posts
the master subaru tech is really the one that will be the one who determines if they will warranty things or not and unless they had a rep come by and look at the MT fluid or they sent it off with the fluid still in the case (which they wouldnt) they would warranty it.

the guy at the parts counter was probably just trying to scare you but thats how warranty works with every dealership i have ever worked at.
they tell you if you do this or if you do that your warranty will be voided but when it comes down to it unless it is something very obvious or you cant hide they will still warranty it.

hell i spilled a whole soda on my control module for the upgraded security system and it fried the module and the wiring harness.
190$ plus 2 hours labor (160$) so 350$ and they still warrantied it know what had happened.

just my .02 though

and what part of asheville are you from? i was just up there in black mountain last weekend.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Myrtle Beach is an excellent dealer. The old dealer in Columbia, when it was Subaru and Audi, was absolutely foul...worst dealer I've ever witnessed with my own eyes. Hancock has always been good, in my experience (with VW, at least).

RN

·
Registered
148 Posts
renichms said:
Myrtle Beach is an excellent dealer. The old dealer in Columbia, when it was Subaru and Audi, was absolutely foul...worst dealer I've ever witnessed with my own eyes. Hancock has always been good, in my experience (with VW, at least).

RN
You can't be referring to Hadwin-White Pontiac/Subaru in Myrtle Beach. They are wretched. Avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Cannonbolt said:
You can't be referring to Hadwin-White Pontiac/Subaru in Myrtle Beach. They are wretched. Avoid them at all costs.
That's where my brother got his WRX wagon. We had nothing but good experiences with sales staff and service, though only went there maybe 2 times for service.

RN

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hancock Subaru in Columbia is trying to get more involved with the Subaru community. Last time I talked with them they had a guy there that would do performance mods. (Probably STI Parts) and they are having a grand opening in a month or two. They are getting rid of the VW's they have there and will fill that spot with Subarus so look for them to be increasing thier stock soon.

Capitol Imports was the most horrible dealer I've ever talked to. You couldn't by a car there if you wanted to, they never return your calls or anything. I ended up buying my car at Folger in Charlotte and so did a friend of mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i thought the guys in myrtle beach were pretty good and organized. They offered me a test drive in a STi while they were working on my car but the ol pops wouldnt let me....i hate being 17...i thought you had to be 25 or somthin to test drive one but they were all about lettin me take it for a spin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts