ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to showcase the exhaust note of the boxer engine, but didn't want to go with a catback system. I had no need to add more HP to the REX; the car is quick enough to get me in trouble as is! :D I also couldn't justify to my wife that I want to spend between $800 to $1000 for an exhaust system!

I have read on this and other forums, that some owners who have installed the Nameless muffler delete, sold them after a while, because the sound was too loud or obnoxious. So, I played it safe and got the set with the mufflers. Took about 30 minutes to install them with some help from a couple of friends. All I can say is what a difference these mufflers make! The sound is deep but not too loud!

Here are some pictures of the replacement mufflers, under the car, post installation, and a short You TubeTube video of what they sound like. Please excuse the state of the car. We had snow on Monday and the salt and dirt got all over the REX! I am hoping for some warm temps soon so I can wash it!

The car also lost about 6 to 7 lbs from the removed stock mufflers!

Nameless Muffler Replacements:

Nameless Mufflers.jpg

Under the car:

Left Side.jpg

Post installation:

Post Installation.jpg

YouTube video:

2011 WRX Nameless Performance Muffler Replacement - YouTube

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Looks good. Still sounds goofy.. I don't know what it is but these twin muffled cars sound strange to me

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm....think I want.

EDIT: how is it on the highway? The main reason I sold my muffler delete was the noise above 70mph or ~3k for extended periods of time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I haven't had a chance to test it on the highway yet. My son is home from college this weekend and we're spending quality time together! Will post my opinion as soon as I try it out.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it has been a month since I installed the mufflers and they are unbelievable! I know some folks have sold their Nameless mufflers after a few weeks or months of ownership, but I just love the amplified exhaust note coming from the boxer engine! I have either put headers or free flow exhaust on almost every car I have owned since the 70's, so I just love the sound of a nice rumbling engine!! :thumbup:

However, my neighbor across the street may differ with my opinion! :rotfl:

·
Registered
58 Posts
What size muffler did you get 4in or 5in? Thanks for posting your review, I am thinking about this myself. How do you think the quality will be long term?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What size muffler did you get 4in or 5in? Thanks for posting your review, I am thinking about this myself. How do you think the quality will be long term?
I got the 4 inch mufflers. From the workmanship, I think these will last quite a while!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey OP,

How are liking the 4in set up if you've still got it on the car over the past 3 years?

Thanks!
Colemizak, I love those exhaust. However, I traded in my beloved REX for a 2015 Stingray! Needless to say the exhaust in the Vette is outrageous, not as loud as the Nameless, but the V8 growl is something else! :thumbup:

20150419_132612.jpg

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking good! Mine is going too...will definitely miss the enhanced Boxer note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
So what are you getting? Inquiry minds want to know! :)

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice choice! As you can see, we have a Chevy garage! :D

Chevy garage.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ahh very nice. God I love the color of that stingray. My first car was a Chevy (albeit a POS Cavalier), but I really like what they're cranking out these days. I had been eyeing the Chevy SS for a while. Big ole sedan, old vette motor, stick shift...what's not to like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Laguna Blue just became a special color as Chevy has terminated the shade this year! That option was only about 8% of all C7s built last year! Very unique indeed!

My wife and I were invited to a road show by Chevy in November to check out the new Camaro! Incredible! It has the Corvette engine and weighs less than the previous generation! We'd love to trade the Gen 5 for it, but are not looking to have a new car payment! Maybe several years down the road after we pay off the Corvette and are retired!

I am turning my car into a "Jake" themed car. Jake is the mascot of the Corvette racing team!

20150807_151344.jpg

Liner.jpg

20151030_142352.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts