Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2017 wrx sti and was wondering have any of you guys felt loss of power with it on? I know it's due to probably back pressure but just want to assure I'm not tripping out... also I know this might be a noob question but would the axel back muffler delete require a tune?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
No, it doesn't. It's likely in your mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i assumed you already have the muffler deletes on your car.. IMO muffler deletes are a waste of money. if you are planning on power mods down the road, catback exhaust are the way to go.. and to answer your question, you dont need a tune for your muffler deletes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i assumed you already have the muffler deletes on your car.. IMO muffler deletes are a waste of money. if you are planning on power mods down the road, catback exhaust are the way to go.. and to answer your question, you dont need a tune for your muffler deletes.
I do have them but I took them off due to the fact I thought it was losing power

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got an axle back for my 17 base. I wasn't looking for power or even louder, I wanted a deeper note. I was under the impression the cat backs required a tune & having a warrantee was more important than adding power. At 1st I thought the same as op. Good to know I didn't lose power.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the nameless muffler deletes as well. never noticed a loss of power. Actually did notice that my peak boost went up just a little bit, however where it levels out is the same. don't need a tune for axle or catback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts