ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely not considering the muffler delete.

Will get the stage 1 tune pretty soon by the way
I want the 4" but I am scared of being pulled over, this is my only concern.

What do you guys think? any bad experiences with the sharks?
I can’t seem to find a single video showing decibel levels

(also any recommendations for a tune shop near the valley?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now, I don't live in LA, I'm on the opposite coast, Central Florida.

That being said, I installed my Nameless 5" about 4 months ago.

First upon installation, absolutely disappointed. It was so quiet overall, I was like, why didn't I at least get the 4"? My install partner recorded it with stock, then without anything, then with the 5" installed, I'll get the clips from him.

The first week maybe, I kept lamenting how I should have gone at least 4", maybe the delete....but then it started to change. I started to hear it more in various situations, and apparently there IS such a thing as muffler break-in.

Now when I start my car in the morning, the "grrrr" is very prevalent first thing in the morning at warm-up revs, to the point where I say "sorry neighbors" when I start up to myself. Is it loud in regular driving? Not really, but noticeable. If you want to hear it regardless while driving, turning on the AC gives the growl back. If I'm showing off, I turn the AC on while parking. Shameless, yes.

I plan on getting the rest of the piping from Nameless for a true catback soon. I admit, it's a little nasally at high RPM's (at least I think so from the inside), but I think that's from a slight exhaust leak from one of the gaskets, so we'll see how it sounds once I change THAT out.

rJJr

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a full catless turbo back system - 4” bellmouth downpipe to 3” piping to 4” exhaust tip, I’m all the way out in Rhode Island I’ve never had an issue or pulled and we have inspection stickers out here but in my younger days when I used to drive a little Honda Civic id get harassed all the time for exhaust noise

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
A 4 inch downpipe is enormous, what kind of air is that thing moving. If I'm not mistaken my 6.7l Cummins had a 4" downpipe and could push 40psi.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A 4 inch downpipe is enormous, what kind of air is that thing moving. If I'm not mistaken my 6.7l Cummins had a 4" downpipe and could push 40psi.
It’s initally a 4” bellmouth at the turbo where it bolts up and tapers down to 3” all the way back lol and it’s in the process of a 20g turbo lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
XJman
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing