Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just recently got my nameless muffler delete for the spt system about a week ago and figured I’d give y’all a heads up on it and my opinions. First disclaimer, I didn’t do this with the intention of thinking OMG NOW MY STI WILL SMASH ALL CARS, I just wanted a bit more sound and that subie rumble ?

1. The spt system wasn’t by any means terrible, just...lacking. The drone while cruising wasn’t awful but there. It didn’t have the same rasp and rumble I was wanting to achieve. Enter nameless performance with the muffler delete FOR THE SPT SYSTEM!! Honestly it was the only one I could find with having to go full catback exhaust. I’m sure there are others out there but nameless has a good reputation and seems to put out quality parts.

2. The waiting portion was rough. Originally ordered the new chrome titanium tips because I’m a nerd. Lol however I kept emailing to get updates and I kept getting back that the tips were not ready and after 3 weeks from the order date the offered the alternative of sending the stainless steel tips and giving me a 40 refund for the difference in cost between the two tip types and frankly it was a blessing in disguise. I like the look of the stainless and I think (again my opinion) it looks more like the car was meant to have stainless.

3. To throw this on I’m thinking, man it would be super easy to do this in my parking lot with a socket set and and a wrench and I don’t happen to have jack stands but I’m not huge, I’m 180 pounds soaking wet so I should have enough clearance right? HA! NO. I’m dumb. So I went through my contacts to find a friend that has a garage and some jack stands. Nope. Called around to shops in the area to see prices. Most places tell me 250-300. Made me want to throw up! You gotta be kidding me, 2 hangers and 6 bolts and maybe 30 minutes of labor. But I’m in a position where I’d have no place to put jack stands if I went and purchased them so I bit the bullet and went to TGA performance here in Colorado Springs where I’m at. Not too bad, they charged 140 for 1 hr or labor and knew what they were doing so let’s do it.

4. When I get it on I notice a sag and seems like she’s floating over to the drivers side but hey I thought it is what it is. NO. Not going to settle so I get under there to look. The put the bushing on wrong (facepalm). See photo one. Looks logical right? Like the bushings wouldn’t fit. But guess what! Ten bucks to someone who could guess this but turn the bushing on it’s side and BAM!! Fits like a champ. See photo two and three.

5. Now I’m getting long winded if you’re still reading. To the point. It sounds PHENOMENAL. I’m in to having a nice growl rumble rasp that a performance machine should have. And now I have it. Plus it fills out the back exhaust cutouts incredibly well. See photo 4. At idle it has a nice gurgle and it makes me feel like a little kid at WOT around 4000 rpm. Sounds super mean and ready to go. Even just regular driving it sounds like it’s pissed off. The greatest piece of all is the fact that if I drive conservatively I’m not constantly blowing the ear drums out of every innocent bystander.

6. Bottom line, I recommend if you want a little extra sound from your STI. It’s not over the top but it makes the car come alive. I love it. Again sorry for the long post but hopefully it helps someone that was on the fence about the decision!

Thanks for reading! You the real MVP.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
The mvps are the neighbors who don't choke the life out of you for that exhaust volume.

Good catch with the hangers, and it's good you provided pictures for someone in the future who may have a similar issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Hopefully someone gets something from it! Especially the bushing issue I ran into :facepalm: lol funny story, one of my neighbors is a 70 yr old Vietnam vet and he came outside in the morning after I had fired her up and gave me a nod of approval and a thumbs up so I figure I now have a new best friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts