Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get the Nameless axleback exhaust with the 4" muffler for my 2016 WRX. I've seen videos with the 3" tips, and there's quite a significant gap where the stock muffler was. My dilemma is which tips to get 3.5" or 4"? Are the 3.5" tips enough to close that gap?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
3.5 looks great, 4' look a bit "aggressive" if your car is otherwise stock. They're pretty big.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 4 inch tips: imgur link

Entirely up to your personal preference, but I'm very happy with the way that the 4 inch tips fill up the exhaust cutouts. I'm also using the Nameless exhaust hangers to keep the tips up to reduce the gap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the input and samples. This is a tough decision because they both look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's kind of humorous. I've probably watched 20-30 different videos of the different exhausts, and just when I think I have my mind made up, I hear another one and question my thinking. It really shouldn't be this complicated. My gut is telling me to go with the Nameless 4" muffler and 3.5" tips, so that's probably what I'm going to go with.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
1,915 Posts
My goal was more aggressive volume depending on throttle input, deeper tone and no drone. I accomplished this with the ETS 'quiet' w/ resonator. That's all I can tell you. I have not heard the Nameless on the 15+ WRX in person so I can't tell you how it differs. YouTube and real life are quite different. There are too many variables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts