ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a stage 2 car (turboxs) what shot of nos would be the best to run? what is the most u should run?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
any bigger than a 50 shot and your motor is toast. If you want a fast car, nitrous is not the way to do it...you have a WRX, and at stage 2 you are hardly cracking the surface of what your engine can do. I understand that nitrous is a really cheap and cool way to make HP, but you can get a vf30 to run really nicely on the stock fuel/ecu system with a boost controller set to 14psi and cut a high 12 second time slip, I've seen it done. If you want a quick upgrade for more HP do that instead of nitrous, you'll be saving yourself a huge headache.

Of course I don't recommend running bigger turbos on stock fuel/ecu, but if you're gonna do a semi-risky HP boost, a bigger turbo is the way to go instead of nitrous.

~Tim

·
Registered
498 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
any bigger than a 50 shot and your motor is toast. If you want a fast car, nitrous is not the way to do it...you have a WRX, and at stage 2 you are hardly cracking the surface of what your engine can do. I understand that nitrous is a really cheap and cool way to make HP, but you can get a vf30 to run really nicely on the stock fuel/ecu system with a boost controller set to 14psi and cut a high 12 second time slip, I've seen it done. If you want a quick upgrade for more HP do that instead of nitrous, you'll be saving yourself a huge headache.

Of course I don't recommend running bigger turbos on stock fuel/ecu, but if you're gonna do a semi-risky HP boost, a bigger turbo is the way to go instead of nitrous.

~Tim
ditto

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
If you want a fast car, nitrous is not the way to do it...
~Tim
wow, i couldn't disagree with that more.

nitrous on a low compression engine like the WRX nitrous is easily just as friendly as a larger turbo, in fact, more so. plus, it's a lot cheaper than spending $1000 on a turbo.

sure, you need to have fuel and ECU tuned to match, just like a turbo, but with that said, saying nitrous isn't the way to do it is completly baseless. the guys that have run N2O have had great success with it on the WRX, largely b/c of it's cooling properties on an otherwise hot running engine.

PM pace and Phast for some of the more experience N20 guys on the site. as long as you're catless, you should be able to run more than a measley 50 shot with the right fueling and tune.

dR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts