Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been talking with for MZM performance. Now its time to go all the way with the STI. they said i will be looking around375 wheel hp!! what do you think of this kit?will do the install and have MZM install the e-manage and will also do the tuning
.Have to say that MZM is a nice place to do shopping with!!
shipped!!!!
APS DR500 FMIC
APS Cold Air Intake
APS BOV (High Volume Twin Vent)
will get by 1/30/04!
APS Tumbler-Delete Valve
APS SR50 Turbo (17.5 housing)
denso Fuel Pump
720cc injectors
Electronics
GReddy E-Manage
GReddy Profec B spec II
HKS Fuel Cut Defender

http://www.mzmperformance.com
link to CHris sti at mzm performance.
http://www.mzmperformance.com/cars/chris.phtml

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
That's the setup I'm looking at when the UTEC comes out, SR50 but with 20 exhaust housing, 850cc injectors, UTEC, FMIC, yatta yatta and a good tune. I'm hoping for 400whp on stock block.

·
Premium Member
13,832 Posts
:eek:

Very nice...

What would a setup like that cost? (parts and tuning)

That STi is droolworthy. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it possible to get 400 WHP out of a stock ej257 ? if it is then I was also looking at the APS 650 Intercooler and running something like the APS bolt on turbo or maybe going all out and getting a garrett GT-37 or something HUGE like that, I have boost control so i ccan keep it undercontrol. I wanted to get a 315lp/h pump and some power enterprise 800cc inj. but the problem is that I want a aftermaket fully tuneable ECU and we dont have one out for our cars yet and the e-manage is limited to my understanding and you can blow your engine because they are too hard to Tune for normal enthusiast

·
1,911 Posts
It is easy to get over 400 whp out of the STi. THe SR50 gets maxed out easily which is why only 375 whp. Still it is quite good. The stock turbo is maxed out at around 310-315 whp. See my results below. Be careful Truckerspeed. The GT37 is NOT a ball bearing design and has no water cooling. Only the GT25R, GT30R, GT35R, GT42R and the upcoming GT40R are ball bearing units and water cooled. THe E-Manage is actually super easy to tune. It is almost as easy to tune as the UTEC. I love it for it's user friendliness. Our GT35R kit stage 4 package will be capable of over 500 whp but the block will not sustain that so we are working on the Spec R bolt on turbo which will sustain 400 whp while being bolt on plug and play. IT is based on the GT30R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:D
MZM is literally right up the road from me, and I have seen some of these cars in person. I used to hang out with the owners (their brothers) all the time and they even did some of the work on my MR2 and Friends supras and RX7's.
Very good shop, and very good guys to work with.

·
1,911 Posts
g0tb00st said:
Dan,

Are you saying that the GT30R is safer to use for a stock block STi as opposed to using the GT35R?
THat is exactly right. GT30R will make around 400 whp. That should be fine on stock STi block although I always recommend forged pistons and a deburring and shot peening of the stock rods. For more power than that resleeving is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What would resleeving cost me GOD? I live in california and I would have you do a stage IV for me but a toned down version unless I could afford getting internals done, which i was told that it is not wise to do internals until after you blow your engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh here are some stats on the Turbo from some online store...

GT30R
GT Series Ball Bearing Turbo
- .63, .82, or 1.06 nonn wastegated turbine housing with T3 style inlet. 84 trim turbine wheel
- 56 Trim GT Comopressor Wheel, .60 A/R cover with 4" inlet

Support Approx. 300-500 HP on 2-3L Engines

I am not sure how big a 84mm Turbine wheel would be as far as spool times would go, I am betting around 4000 RPM turbo would be fully spooled and ready for action

and also GOD when they qoute the 300-500hp are they qouting whp or is it crank HP?
and if I was to get one from you what would the boost in psi be if I wanted 400whp as a start without pushing my block to hard using this particular turbo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts