Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello subie fam, I just purchased a 2004 subaru wrx wagon and i love the car to deathh. But heres my confusion with it. I was wiring my 2k watt amp 15" sub and door speakers and while i was wiring the door speakers i noticed a switch it could have been a kill switch or a light for the gauge even a alarm activator but i cant see anything that its doing. Im not 100% the wire is connected..Regardless i contacted the previous owner and he hadn't known about it and he did not have the number for the 1st owner. So im coming here for insight on what it could likely be for and/or what i can make the switch do for me. I have big plans for this car but i got to know whats its all about .Btw i have named the car sneezy ?

Attachments

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
That is most likely a switch wired to bridge the reflash connectors.

Some background: 16 Bit ECUs (2002-2005 WRX) required the owner to connect a set of green connectors and a special "reflash connector" in order to allow the ECU to reflash another ROM.

Some crafty owners wired a toggle switch in to make the process much easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you zax. Thats interesting but how would that effect the car? Im still a newbie to cars im more of a audiophile.

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
Thank you zax. Thats interesting but how would that effect the car? Im still a newbie to cars im more of a audiophile.
In theory, it shouldn't adversely affect anything.

Quick test -- if you flip the switch, do any dash lights illuminate and do you hear the radiator fan turn on and off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quick test -- if you flip the switch, do any dash lights illuminate and do you hear the radiator fan turn on and off?
Ill check tonight when i get back from work. I think i remember the lights coming on im not sure though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I just got home i tried flipping it and i don't hear anything and no lights come on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts