ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an 06 wrx about a month ago and am loving every minute of it right now i've got ap stage one w/ a cat back in the mail.. it would be the dp in the mail except their on back order so ill just get one when its back in stock... but enough about me lol this guy i know has a 1998 5.9 jeep grand cherokee with a throttle body and headers and an exhaust besides the headers the exhaust is just a catback i think but im not sure it might be the whole system he wants to race me and is getting rather cocky about it i proposed a little wager *or a lotta wager if he's up to it* i said id match whatever he puts down but if he puts down a low number it means he's nervous lol i think i have a pretty damn good shot at beating him considering a 1000 lbs less and have more hp and only 40ftlbs torque less than his stock idk what the parts he has on would give but i would like to know if u guys think this is a joke race and i should milk it for all i can get im in no way friends with the guy and would like nothing more than to race for slips lol *watching too much of the fast and the furious* any opinions would be appreciated i should have the cat back on to race him! but still sadly no dp til mid january!

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
A word of caution: I think the SRT-4 people make the Jeep. It will probably run low 10s with those mods on street tires. You will lose.

However, if you guys race in a school zone, everybody wins.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an 06 wrx about a month ago and am loving every minute of it right now i've got ap stage one w/ a cat back in the mail.. it would be the dp in the mail except their on back order so ill just get one when its back in stock... but enough about me lol this guy i know has a 1998 5.9 jeep grand cherokee with a throttle body and headers and an exhaust besides the headers the exhaust is just a catback i think but im not sure it might be the whole system he wants to race me and is getting rather cocky about it i proposed a little wager *or a lotta wager if he's up to it* i said id match whatever he puts down but if he puts down a low number it means he's nervous lol i think i have a pretty damn good shot at beating him considering a 1000 lbs less and have more hp and only 40ftlbs torque less than his stock idk what the parts he has on would give but i would like to know if u guys think this is a joke race and i should milk it for all i can get im in no way friends with the guy and would like nothing more than to race for slips lol *watching too much of the fast and the furious* any opinions would be appreciated i should have the cat back on to race him! but still sadly no dp til mid january!
Man , I should hope you'd win

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Are you kidding me? It's a f'ing jeep

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A word of caution: I think the SRT-4 people make the Jeep. It will probably run low 10s with those mods on street tires. You will lose.

However, if you guys race in a school zone, everybody wins.
r u fcuking kidding me? idc what u do to it a 4200lb jeep is a 4200lb jeep stock it runs 16.8 lol the new fast jeep is the srt-8 pumpin out 425hp stock so i hear the 5.9 is quoted on car/driver at 245 but i hear on forums that that is understated but still! lol no way low tens sorry teg nice line at the bottom though!

srt didn't exist back in 98 i dont think i may be wrong though

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
You know he was kidding right?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I dont know the numbers on the jeep but my roomate in college had an 00 Overlander which I think were 5.7 liter V8s and that truck was a rocketship. I was in the car with him when he walked a 330xi with ease. That being said I think your Rex should take him but I wouldnt be overly confident. Anything could happen.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
lol +1 on the kidding. Sure its a jeep but it isnt the slowest thing around. It puts out 345 ft lbs of torque. You may get it from the start granted your driving skills, but he may pull on ya in the end.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hah ok im sorry if u were joking i didn't realize it lol jeff i think u have it backwards tq is basically accelleration him having more torque than me would mean he pulls quicker off the line but i would pass him in the long run being as i have more hp but we'll see idk what kinda numbers hes pushing but im assuming i shouldn't have too much trouble im not amazing at driving stick but i can hold my own so we'll see so u guys think its not quite in the bag? i killed an 01 mustang v6 the other day from a roll of like 25 just throwin it out there lol! more opinions on the race please i would like to hear from jeep enthusiasts b/c i dont know what a throttle body is but im assuming its a common place upgrade part on a jeep.

·
Registered
0 Posts
u both loose

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
IT'S A F'ING SUV!!!

You climb rocks, pull boats, and go camping. Top end? People, this is a SUV were talking about here. Don't play it out to be better than it really is.

My dad has headers and exhaust on his 99 tahoe, I dont think he goes out looking for "kills."

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol granny shifting FTW lol i think its faster than double clutchin cuz im not good at it lol the engine revs faster w/ the clutch pedal pushed in anyway too bad my feet r too big for heel toe also lol big feet FTL!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I think to make the race interesting you should race on the snow, you have a rally car and he has an 4wd Sports utility, race him in the snow and remember What cole trickle learned early in his stock car days, "Rubbin's racin"

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had that same jeep until some idiot hit me on the parkway and totaled my jeep... i loved her too... oh well i have my wrx now. you should race him but not for pinks. put a lil friendly wager on it like $100. let us know if you have an extra $100 in your pocket after you race. my opinion, jeep wins :redface:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
r3x do u really think the jeep will win or just a biased opinion? lol i was thinkin a few hundred but that might be my over confidence gambling lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts