Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My roommate just bought a
1991 Mustang Convertable
5.0 Liter Ofcourse
Racing Clutch
X Pipe or H Pipe he Said
Full Straight Pipes Back
I think some Gearing work as well

What do you think the outcome would be in a Quarter Mile vs my WRX?

2004 Subaru WRX
Access Port Version 2.0 (Setup for Stage 2 w/ 93 Oct)
Invidia Up-Pipe
Invidia Catless Downpipe
Invidia G200 Titanum Exhaust
SPT Short Ram Intake
SPT Head Shield
SPT Turbo Heat Shield

·
Registered
30 Posts
My roommate just bought a
1991 Mustang Convertable
5.0 Liter Ofcourse
Racing Clutch
X Pipe or H Pipe he Said
Full Straight Pipes Back
I think some Gearing work as well

What do you think the outcome would be in a Quarter Mile vs my WRX?

2004 Subaru WRX
Access Port Version 2.0 (Setup for Stage 2 w/ 93 Oct)
Invidia Up-Pipe
Invidia Catless Downpipe
Invidia G200 Titanum Exhaust
SPT Short Ram Intake
SPT Head Shield
SPT Turbo Heat Shield
According to my friend -- who is a mustang enthusiast -- that 5.0 convertible isn't going to be all that fast...looking at those mods, he predicted 15's...but maybe 14's if that list is missing some stuff. But your WRX should not lose, at least on paper...

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
On a good day even with 4.10's that thing is a high 14 second car and probaly low 15's.

You should win.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Youll win all day. My friend has a 88 or 89 5.0 with basic mods and we raced and I put bus lengths on him from a roll and a dig.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
won't be close, but post this in a mustang forum just to see what they will say.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
What if.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ng
------------------------------------------Wrx
hahaha

He wants to take the Mustang to the track sometime soon, so I am down. I haven't been since I bought the car. I use to go with my other car a few times a year. So this will be interesting. :baaa:

·
Registered
270 Posts
confirmed

my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
yeah i raced a 5.0 mustang and put about 3 bus lengths on him by the end of 3rd gear.
I raced one and he finished the quarter before I finished the eighth.

my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.
I'm at a loss for words with this one. I hope one of your friends jacked your screen name and was joking around.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Are you serious or do you just not know anything about mustangs?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to Supercharge the ISh out of it.
Fixed.... Explorer engine :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i came across a 93ish fox body 5.0 on the highway yesterday. i pulled throught fourth gear and he was still behind me we both lifted around 125 as we were getting into traffic. he claims upper and lower intake and throtle body mods and exhaust. ME - STOCK 03 WRX

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fixed.... Explorer engine :confused:
That still isn't close to being fixed.

But the original statement has to be a joke, otherwise that is my favorite post of all time on this site. :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts