Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be buying my 2002 or 2003 WRX sometime in the next couple of weeks and buying mods shortly after. Anyone have any suggestions on what I've chosen to purchase? Did I leave anything out? Any input is appreciated. Thanks =)

Here's the list:
APS High Output RT Spec System (Includes the following)
-APS D/R 500 Front Mount Intercooler System
-APS High Flow Air Cleaner System
-APS DR Series 3.5" Turbo to Tip Race Exhaust (Upgrade)
-APS Unichip Engine Management & Boost Mapping
-APS High Flow Turbo Exhaust Discharge
-APS SR30 Ball Bearing Turbo, good to 340 HP(Ask to Upgrade to SR40, good to 420 HP)
-APS High Volume Dual Vent Blow Off Valve (May sell for HKS SS)
STI 550CC Fuel Injectors
Vishnu Fuel Rail System (w/ Walbro fuel pump and steel braided lines)
Walbro Fuel Pump
Perrin Down-Pipe (no cat)
Perrin Up-Pipe (no cat)
APS Intercooler Water Spray System

Also thinking of going with the following for body mods. I got most of my inspiration from the Vivid WRX, only my rex will most likely be black...
Liberal front lip spoiler
Liberal upper grill
Liberal eyelids
Kaminari rear lip
Kaminari side skirts
Quantum Racing Inverted Hood Scoop
STI fog light covers
Zerosports Carbon Fiber Wing Extensions
JDM 4-piece clear blinker set
JDM HID black headlights

And of course later on down the road suspension and interior also. This WRX addiction's gonna break me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually thought about that, but the new front end is just so damn ugly on the '04 model!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm paying the car off when I buy it and I took out a $10,000 loan that I'll probably regret doing later...

·
Registered
147 Posts
WRXRookie said:
I actually thought about that, but the new front end is just so damn ugly on the '04 model!
I hope forged internal, larger displacement and strong 6sp tranny can make you change your mind about the new look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's VERY tempting but I just can't get past that nasty front end :(

·
Banned
968 Posts
go with an sr40 and get 600cc injectors. but i agree get the STi ive seen it in person and sat in it, its incredible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WRXRookie, mods are nice...but there is nothing like factory power that is clean and under warranty!.....With all the stuff you want to do, that leaves a lot of room for results you are not completely happy with, and a lot of tweaking...

Like others have said...Get an STI....I think the results will be much better and you will be happier in the long run.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
If you're getting the full APS package, then you don't need the Perrin downpipe, because the downpipe is replaced as part of the turboback anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Trade your lude in for the STI. I traded mine in for my WRX, it did wonders for me. You'll miss your lude, but you'll love your STI i'm sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts