ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
… and in the pink. 2005 STi struts, JDM pink springs and GroupN rear top hats. Better ride and handling and a nice drop too. A huge thanks to JR (wrx wagone) and Tristan at The King of Parts. Could not have made it happen without you.

NO I am not painting my side skirts now, so don’t even bother. :p

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Nice! :)
It's cool how a set of nice springs transforms the look and feel of the car, isn't it?

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! :)
It's cool how a set of nice springs transforms the look and feel of the car, isn't it?
Yes indeed. I had the SPT v7 STi setup. The JDM pinks have higher spring rates and an improved ride. Amazing.

I temporarily put my summer wheels on today to test and experience the difference. I will likely need to take them off tomorrow as ice / snow is forecast. :sadwave:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Lookin' good! How long did it take you to do the swap?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
is that a mis-type on 05 STi struts? They are a non fit for the WRX (unless one does a hub/knuckle swap)

Drop looks good :)

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
is that a mis-type on 05 STi struts? They are a non fit for the WRX (unless one does a hub/knuckle swap)

No Mike, that's not a mis-type. Bill had the SPT dealer installed suspension option which included the v7 STi struts.

During this install we were going to reuse the front struts an only replace the rear pair as they had the dreaded "04 STi strut clunk". That was until I was torquing one of the front top nuts and the top of the strut shaft cracked right at the bottom of the 6mm hex hole. Strut = done. :sadwave:

We managed to find a set of 05 STi take off struts local at 7pm on Friday night. After paying musical strut bodies on the front, we had a full set of 05 STi struts on the car. Notice the front struts are "cherry blossom red"? ;)

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Sweet...

Good stuff Bill! I know you'll be happier with that set up.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

No Mike, that's not a mis-type. Bill had the SPT dealer installed suspension option which included the v7 STi struts.

During this install we were going to reuse the front struts an only replace the rear pair as they had the dreaded "04 STi strut clunk". That was until I was torquing one of the front top nuts and the top of the strut shaft cracked right at the bottom of the 6mm hex hole. Strut = done. :sadwave:

We managed to find a set of 05 STi take off struts local at 7pm on Friday night. After paying musical strut bodies on the front, we had a full set of 05 STi struts on the car. Notice the front struts are "cherry blossom red"? ;)
JR - Thanks for the clarification on the front strut swap. And for all of your help. :) It was quite the evening / morning.

How is the ride? Any harsher than stock.
Have not been stock since April 2004. The higher spring rate pinks have a smoother more contolled ride over the v7 SPT setup - noticably less harsh.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts