Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. it happened. I'm 20 years old now and the first car crash I've ever had was because I was going the speed limit. I glanced behind me for a second and the guy (a van) was about four car lengths behind me in the next lane. I switched lanes and in the middle of switching lanes the guy zooms past me and clips the front of my car. He had no insurence and his drivers liscence was expired. The wreck was deemed his fault and my car was towed to the Subaru Dealership.

any way. I'm lucky that none of the doors or the rear of the car wer touched. It looks like the front fender, bumper, right headlight, and wheel will need to be replaced. The wheel is also off of alignement from the other front wheel.

I'm hoping the the insurance will cover my wheel even though it's after market. (konig).

I'm assuming they can order a factory painted fender and bumper, along with the headlight. and bolt them back on. Has anyone had experience with subaru dealerships repairing your cars? About how long do parts take and stuff. Should I expect them to be able to find another konig wheel or do yall think I'll end up having to supply them with one?

::sigh::

Attachments

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I don't know how the law is in Mississippi, but in PA I'd be really glad that I have "uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage." After my last car got totalled, my lawyer told me to add this to my policy because it can avoid a lot of headaches.

Polkaband, your insurance should definitely cover your wheel. You might have to buy it though and provide it to however does the body work.

Sorry about your car, good luck, and keep us posted!

-Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was sitting here today thinking about my accident and something occurred to me. It's clear from the damage that they will be needing to order a new bumper. I'm thinking that perhaps instead of ordering the stock bumper it would be pretty cool to order something like the SYMS bumper or the JUN bumper. That is of course assuming that the stock bumper is somewhere around the same price as these. It seems like it would since the factory option stock lip is like 300 something. I know all i have to do is wait and talk to the people doing the work to the car but it's the weekend, the shop is closed, and I'm sitting around the house with noe car so I might as well start conversation about soemthing. Does any one here have any idea how much a new stock bumper would cost?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts