ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so the USPS does not have any 'official motto', but most of use have heard "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds". This saying is actually a variation of a very old saying... the original saying was actually "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" and was said about 2500 years ago by the Greek historian, Herodotus. He said this adage during the war between the Greeks and Persians about 500 B.C. in reference to the Persian mounted postal couriers whom he observed and held in high esteem.

History lesson over.... on to the cars :D

So, the USPS will not let weather stop it....but they are closed on Sundays....my WRX sat outside last night in weather that was snowing, then sleeting, then freezing rain, then snowing again. Today, it started right up and carried me to work safely....and it WORKS ON SUNDAYS! My car wins

the hood of my car this morning

after removing some ice to show how deep it was (about 1/4 inch)

after I got in the car, I rolled the rear passenger window down to poke the ice away so I could see to back out

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have Nokian Hekkapalita R winters....they grip like being on rails

Edit: I should say that they grip in snow, slush, and rain like being on rails....Ice traction is decent, but that surface is real hard to grip on without studded tires. However, on dry pavement they, like most snow tires, can be broken loose if you goose the gas in a corner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pics like these make me happy to live in Miami. It's 80 right now and I'm blasting the AC lol. Stay safe bro!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts