Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so basically got a 06 hawkeye from a dealer that was within my budget and only 78k miles.

Bought it semi stock, TGV's were deleted (didn't know till recently after I installed cobb AP3 and lost the tune the previous owner had so now my car is in CEL mode), I think sti fuel injectors, sti turbo, stock intercooler, stock exhaust

Now I have a cobb catback, cobb catted downpipe added, And I'm getting a pro tune on tuesday and finally get rid of my CEL.

Do I really need a STI TMIC or can I keep using my stock one? If I do decide to install a sti or some other afrermarket tmic, I'll have to retune right (and another $500 down the drain) Will I run into any problems running with stock tmic for a few months?

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
If it's tuned for that intercooler you should be fine as long as it doesn't leak. I've heard conflicting statements about needing a tune for a top mount. I know that you need a tune to get any advantage from it, however I don't think it will damage the vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
You'd be wasting money tuning the car on the OEM intercooler IMO.

Do yourself a favor -- skip the STI TMIC and get something reasonable like ETS or ProcessWest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting a tune because my car is in CEL mode (deleted tgv's) and I went to stage 2. I was just wondering if I'll be fine right now with a sti turbo and stock intercooler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts