ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to visit my sister in Newark New Jersey this past weekend (7/11/04) for the first time in a while, spent the night, came out, car was gone... its a 2002 Black wrx with a helix exhaust, 3 people saw it get stolen, didnt do anything, they reported it to a cop on foot patrol 20 yards from the scene 30 min. after it happened, he didnt do anything, he just told me 3 horus later to "report it immediately". the police report and insurance claim are all goign through now but if u see that car being driven like its stolen, PLEASE let me nkow so i can have the comfort of mutilating the 2-3 kids that stole it and can rest in peace.
if u see anything, IM me, my aim handle is viru567
thanks,

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
ill keep an eye out, i live close by.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Looks like it is starting again....for a while there it was a couple per week, then it died down, now here it goes again...best of luck.....:(

-joe

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
I posted in the Tri State forum and saw that there wasn't a post in one of the thread since 4/22. I was told that the number of reported thefts has in fact, decreased.

Good for everyone as a whole, still ish for us. :(

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
v1rus67 said:
3 people saw it get stolen, didnt do anything, they reported it to a cop on foot patrol 20 yards from the scene 30 min. after it happened, he didnt do anything
I would be f*cking LIVID. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your car man, it truly has been a shi++y weekend. Best of luck to you. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the sympathy guys, im not really optimistic about getting the car back, itll prolly hit a chop shop but... i just really hope at least i can find the guys who stole it and im gonna give it a good bit of effort. Insurance is gonna cover it all, just gotta hunt down the aftermarket reciepts and go car shopping, :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tags

What is your TAG number and what state? Had a friend once that saw her stolen Camaro 6 months after it was stolen with her tags still on it in Ocean City MD. Thief was getting beer at 7-11 she said nice car and asked how long he had it. He bought it 6 months ago for a steal was his reply. She didn't say it was her car and didn't care anymore since insurance paid her off. He just drove away.

Origanal tags still on car 6 months later:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Obsessed, provide them with adequate proofs (reciepts and even pics of ur car with it on if u got it) and they will cover it, credit card or banking statements help too.
They found my car recently, i just got a letter in the mail today (23rd), on the 20th it was towed to the newark police station, i have no idea what condition it was in, i called the towing place but the guy was a complete d.ick and he kept teling me to call back at 9am tomorrow so im going to call then and see how it is... i really hope its in one piece but i kind of doubt it, they stole the car in less then 2 minutes im sure they could part it out in a few hours, and they had it for more then a week.
Ill post up the results tomorrow,

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought we were doing pretty well in that the thefts have gone down and now I see another one. When is the theft going to end. Sorry to hear about the car and I hope it all works out for you...

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
v1rus67 said:
Obsessed, provide them with adequate proofs (reciepts and even pics of ur car with it on if u got it) and they will cover it, credit card or banking statements help too.
They found my car recently, i just got a letter in the mail today (23rd), on the 20th it was towed to the newark police station, i have no idea what condition it was in, i called the towing place but the guy was a complete d.ick and he kept teling me to call back at 9am tomorrow so im going to call then and see how it is... i really hope its in one piece but i kind of doubt it, they stole the car in less then 2 minutes im sure they could part it out in a few hours, and they had it for more then a week.
Ill post up the results tomorrow,
That's great news!

Please update us when you get back from the impound. I hope it is in good condition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts