Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around 40 MPH and shifted into 3rd. As soon as the gear change happend the throttle closed up and I had no throttle response for a good 20-30 seconds. has this happend to anyone else? is this something new? because ive never seen this in an electric throttle bodied car. LMK

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
I've heard of it in passing. Are you sure thats what happened? Were you staring at the throttle plate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of it in passing. Are you sure thats what happened? Were you staring at the throttle plate?
Alls ik is that when i put my foot down on the throttle it didnt respond. and during that happening the car slowed down, so ima assume that there was no air intake.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,584 Posts
Did you get a CEL or anything? Did the car hold idle RPM?

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Did you get a CEL or anything? Did the car hold idle RPM?
I'm wondering the same.

If, in fact, there was a fault in the DBW system AND no CEL was produced, this is something that Subaru needs to know immediately as it's a major safety problem.

Incidentally, what car do you drive? I'd guess a 2015+ WRX from your username, but one can never be too sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Alls ik is that when i put my foot down on the throttle it didnt respond. and during that happening the car slowed down, so ima assume that there was no air intake.
Man, not necessarily. A misfire could cause that, traction or stability management, a loose ground, failing fuel pump.

It could be throttle body related. Take a look at the throttle body and see if it's gummed up

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
traction or stability management
Honestly this is a really good point. This exactly how it feels when the ESC and TC enable.

Are you certain you didn't see the yellow light flash on the dash?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so the VDC and the Hill Start Assist lights have been on and off for a couple days. does this have anything to do withe the trottle ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm wondering the same.

If, in fact, there was a fault in the DBW system AND no CEL was produced, this is something that Subaru needs to know immediately as it's a major safety problem.

Incidentally, what car do you drive? I'd guess a 2015+ WRX from your username, but one can never be too sure.
yea, i didnt get a check engine or anything.
i have a 2020 Wrx base, with almost 9k miles.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,584 Posts
Wait, you have a 2020?

You have zero problems.

Everything you described is the dealer's problem.

Tell them we said hello.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Is the car modified at all? OEM wheels tires etc

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Wait, you have a 2020?

You have zero problems.

Everything you described is the dealer's problem.

Tell them we said hello.
This, 100%.

Dealer needs to take this and hold Subaru accountable. Like I said previously, if this is a fault in the DBW system and no fault code is produced, this is a MAJOR safety problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This, 100%.

Dealer needs to take this and hold Subaru accountable. Like I said previously, if this is a fault in the DBW system and no fault code is produced, this is a MAJOR safety problem.
will do. imma get this thing situated ASAP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was driving around 40 MPH and shifted into 3rd. As soon as the gear change happend the throttle closed up and I had no throttle response for a good 20-30 seconds. has this happend to anyone else? is this something new? because ive never seen this in an electric throttle bodied car. LMK
Yes....for me, I got to the ecm connectors and accidentally fixed it by pushing on the plugs while switching the locking
Lever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts