ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. so I have a buddy that has a 2003 SMG e46 M3 cabriolet and we always play around and I kill him everytime and he is STILL in Denial that my car takes him.. I should mention B4 I get into this my mods.. 3" Greddy Evo 2 exhaust 3" downpipe and Ecutek/custome tune.. dyno 280-285 whp and 18 psi of boost.. Now.. he won't denie that off the line I won't kill him and thus far we raced from 60-110 mph and I was ahead by 2-3 car easyyy... so he keeps saying If we go through all of My 6 gears I will kill you blah blah .. We have our snow tires on now and I refuse to go to 155 mph in them but in the summer we will.. he keeps saying that when I am shifting to 3rd or 4th he is still in gear which means that eventually he will catch up and kill me?? LOL.. he's a dork and is in Majour denial.. but is he right? Can he actually take me even tho I am ahead 3 cars the whole time by even when he redlines his 6th gear?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i think top speed of an M3 is electronically limited to 155mph, if i remember correctly. anyone else have the top speed #? or just google it. =P

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I race this guy all the time with a E46 M3. I'm only at 272whp. I walk him real slowly from every gear. From a dig I slaughter him. Your at 280whp + you have more Torque than me. So you must really spank them.

Anyway some guys with M3's think that there car can't lose because its double the value of our cars. Wake up and smell our turbo. We will burn the N/A Inline 6 all day long :wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles:

·
Banned
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rofl...

Thanks Evo man.. but I see u have 2 psi of boost more than me.. I would like to know if they really ae electronicly limited at 155 mph tho

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Most cars have speedometer limits that exceed the car's max speed limit.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What does 1mph equal? isn't it like 1mph is equal to like 1.5kmh or 1.75kmh? something like that.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
supersuby said:
Okay.. so I have a buddy that has a 2003 SMG e46 M3 cabriolet and we always play around and I kill him everytime and he is STILL in Denial that my car takes him.. I should mention B4 I get into this my mods.. 3" Greddy Evo 2 exhaust 3" downpipe and Ecutek/custome tune.. dyno 280-285 whp and 18 psi of boost.. Now.. he won't denie that off the line I won't kill him and thus far we raced from 60-110 mph and I was ahead by 2-3 car easyyy... so he keeps saying If we go through all of My 6 gears I will kill you blah blah .. We have our snow tires on now and I refuse to go to 155 mph in them but in the summer we will.. he keeps saying that when I am shifting to 3rd or 4th he is still in gear which means that eventually he will catch up and kill me?? LOL.. he's a dork and is in Majour denial.. but is he right? Can he actually take me even tho I am ahead 3 cars the whole time by even when he redlines his 6th gear?
Hmm.. I wouldn't bother if i were you.. Looks like you have absolutely nothing to prove here. From the vid you posted a while back of your race against the E46 on the 407 highway, you tore the hell out of it from a roll.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
lanevoell said:
i think top speed of an M3 is electronically limited to 155mph, if i remember correctly. anyone else have the top speed #? or just google it. =P
IIRC, they are able to reach closer (if not more) than 160 by staying out of 6th gear, and using 5th instead. Seems the limiter kicks in in 6th gear only.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol

shhhh I dont want anyone to know about that..
But this guy says he also has SMG which is fatser shfiting.. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
well.. just try and do your best and tell us how it goes. =P

·
Registered
295 Posts
jigga said:
Hmm.. I wouldn't bother if i were you.. Looks like you have absolutely nothing to prove here. From the vid you posted a while back of your race against the E46 on the 407 highway, you tore the hell out of it from a roll.
Wheres the vid ??

Hopefully ill see you one day on the 407 :)... dont mind a STI smoking me ..lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yo

I want to see a video.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I cant remember where the vid is, but it was posted up a while back (late last year).. Very entertaining...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts