ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
m doin my steering rack bushing install right now, and i got the bushings in fine, but when i was readjusting the bushings in, the rack dropped, i loosened the column to get the bushings in easier. im trying to get it back in, any body have any helpful ideas or if theres a specail way to alighn it? right now, i can freely turn my steering whell w/ no wheell movement. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

edit: it seems as if the black ujoint is too small to fit over the silver column... help please

update: got the joint on a little, still cant get it all the way to my marker, it is lined up properly though, wheels are straight, steering wheel is straight. right now its as if i dropped the steering column a about a half inch and cant get it back to my mark, help:sadwave: :sadwave:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the pieces connected, both the wheels were straight dead on and the steering wheel was dead on, but now the wheel is cocked to teh right when i drive straight!

what happened!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which instructions did you use for this mod. I don't think you should've been turning your wheel while things were unbolted.
Bring it to a mechanic if you want your wheel straight again. jmho
Spins4:cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't mean to disconnect them, i was slipping the joint apart and when i got them a half inch appart, it just fell off...

gonna try again today though

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey man, i feel for you, I did this two weekends ago and it was a biznatch. resorted to "bending" the power steering lines on the driver' side.
Anyhoo, good luck and I hope you find this mod worth it (I'm still trying to notice the dfference myself)
Spins4

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dropping the steering rack made this install cake, i got the old bushings out and the new ones in and the brackets screwed in in about 50 mins. then it took me about another hour of work time to get the steering connected, u have to contort your arms around the lower transverse link and use two hands, so it makes it difficult to line up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts