ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short block swap plus other build stuff...

Well, as most of you know I have very low compression in all four cylinders so I decided to swap in a brand new STi short block. The thing has a nitraded crank and forged rods and I just put some CP Forged Pistons in it today. Next step is actually swapping out the short block with the one thats in it now!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend is helping me, he is a 12 year Subaru Tech...we were actually in his service department today since they were closed and the salesmen opened it up for us! It was really easy with all his tools!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Nice flooring. Older house?

·
29,231 Posts
Nice.

·
29,231 Posts
Wow! Love old places. Class.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing I didn't think of doing was getting the coatings on the CP Pistons....but my car is so loud to begin with I probably won't even hear any added piston slap....I noticed the stock pistons had the coating on them though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i aam about to to the same swap in my 04WRX.. I am going to do wiesco piston cause i can get the set for 300$ new :) keep the pictures comming so i know what i am in for.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I wonder if I should do any other "add on" stuff while I'm swapping out my block. I know I may do the killerb oil pickup but I am also thinking about the grimmspeed phenolic spacers possibly....

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
In for the progress!

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
If you need some help I'd love to get my hands dirty one of these days.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know I am looking for a place to re-tune my vehicle once I get the new short block put in. I am looking at Agile, IAG, TurboXS.....I live in the Central PA area so those are the three shops I am looking at right now.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Subscribed for moar low!

1 - 20 of 178 Posts