ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car used and had never really noticed this before. But after seeing several other WRX's it seems to stand out a lot more than it did. It's driving me crazy now. Ok here goes, the dealership the previous owner purchased the car from riveted their dealership logo on the back of my trunk! :mad: Why couldn't they just use a sticker?! So heres my question. Is there any way that I can remove it and fill or cover the holes without getting the whole trunk repainted? Or any alternative... Thanks!
Heres Pictures of it and my dirty car.:p

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm not too happy with it. Now everytime I walk up to my car I end up seeing it. I thought about taking the car up to the dealership and asking them to fix it, but after thinking about it they would probably say no. Bishes! :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is the space between the rivets too wide to be covered with the [Impreza] badge from under the [WRX] badge? (Thinking you could relocate it??)

You may need to find a replacement badge for that location so that you could cover the holes. (Or have some cool something made)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
well that'd be worth a try, of you could just drill the rivets out and have 2 small holes in your trunk (personally i'd rather have 2 holes that that bigass bilboard on my trunk, it shouldnt cost too much to have those holes filled and painted, they wont have to paint your whole trunk they'll just take a section and mask it off, paint it, then they'll blend it to match, take that thing off there and go to a body shop and tell them what ya want i'm sure they'll be able to help ya out........... or you could just keep an eye out for a wrb sti trunk&wing:eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ask the dealer pay you some money, because you are doing the free advertising for that dealer everytime you drive your car around!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AUTO228 said:
Ask the dealer pay you some money, because you are doing the free advertising for that dealer everytime you drive your car around!!
Hahaha they would probably think I'm joking. Plus it's kinda a long drive to be turned back with nothing. As for a new trunk and spoiler :eek: I don't think thats going to happen lol.

·
Registered
518 Posts
remove that badge

Use something to prevent rust

cover the holes with a nice wrx emblem or something.

wrap the badge in a brick and hand deliver it one night.

**Dealership** That bastard won't be removing my badge from his car

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DRIVER said:
remove that badge

Use something to prevent rust

cover the holes with a nice wrx emblem or something.

wrap the badge in a brick and hand deliver it one night.

**Dealership** That bastard won't be removing my badge from his car
Hahaha, I like that idea too.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Call SOA and complain. SOA then called Shortline. I had them remove the Shortline badge and replace the rivets. They were going to paint them body-color, but after working there, I didn't trust them to make it look nice. I plan to get the rivets and lock shaved eventually, but until then I just live with it. Other than covering it with a badge, there isn't much you can do.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds like an excuse for a mod. Get a GReddy catback, they send a GReddy badge along with it....slap it on there. hahahahaha. :D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
yeah goto the dealership , ask them to remove it and fix it... or have them pay you money for advertising... if not... call a lawyer... its like illegal for them to advertise without your concent or without compentation... or something like that... sounds a bit excessive but they shouldn't have gone to such lengths to put such a lame badge on there

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd be pissed as hell. I've NEVER seen a dealership rivet their badge onto a car. The worst I've seen are those really thin decals that are a pain in the a$$ to get off, but drilling holes into a car that weren't there before is just ridiculous. We should all call Shortline and suggest that they rethink riveting badges to people's cars......

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
sorry to ask the obvious..

but are you positive its riveted and not just "design" crap on the emblem? youve confirmed from teh inside it is for sure riveted???

it looks kinda like fake rivets to me.

word!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts