ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just had the best lunch in a long time. I happened to come across a black ZO6, Looked nice had gold trim all around. We both made a left turn onto a main road. As soon as i got next to him i could see that he was going for a lower gear. I put it into 2nd, and we both took off. We were dead even till about 90. I put her in 4th and then lost about 1/2 a car till about 100 or so. Then we both slowed down. He was really cool older guy, mid 40's. He gave me props on my ride, so i returned the guesture. I can't believe how this TXS stg4 pulls. I can't wait till i get her dyno tuned. Yes i am aware he would have kept walking me, but it was my first race w/ this setup.

·
Registered
773 Posts
guess you have to change your name eh? :D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Well, don't worry. There are a lot of V8s that you can still "eat." Just stay away from GM's LS series.

Also, there seem to be a lot of ricer Corvette owners that put fake air vents to their rear wheel wells, making them look like Z06s when they really aren't. This might have been the case, because a Z06 would have probably beaten you by much, much more.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ive seen z06s trap 117...That guy couldnt drive very well I don't think. for 99.99% of the cars on the road, z06s are absolutely untouchable from a roll

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
One of my most memorable victories with my Automatic WRX was when i raced a cocky zo6 Driver from a dig... we were in the parking lot and he told me i got nothing for his header and cammed ZO6 on drag radials... vette sounded good until i lainched 2 cars on him and held it till the end... I actually have it on video and would like to get it on here sometime, im sure you guys would get a kick out of it!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
RobPA said:
One of my most memorable victories with my Automatic WRX was when i raced a cocky zo6 Driver from a dig... we were in the parking lot and he told me i got nothing for his header and cammed ZO6 on drag radials... vette sounded good until i lainched 2 cars on him and held it till the end... I actually have it on video and would like to get it on here sometime, im sure you guys would get a kick out of it!!!
You tease, how many times have I asked for tape/pictures of your wrx and you never showed me anything :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
I can host no prob.
But just to share I got the pleasure of owning a C5 for the first time lat nite. Car umm my friends new mod'd rx-7 we have been working on for awhile :) Vet driver at the next light yelled out how much nos you running. I said none just a boosted rotary!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
zoophagy said:
Also, there seem to be a lot of ricer Corvette owners that put fake air vents to their rear wheel wells, making them look like Z06s when they really aren't. This might have been the case, because a Z06 would have probably beaten you by much, much more.
The main exterior difference is the rear glass. The C5 has a slope to it (hatch style), while the Z06 is more straight down (coupe style) with a defining trunk.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nice kill Kurt..I think I know whos that is. Those cars are nasty from a roll. I ran one from second to about 130 mph...and we were neck and neck. They are nasty. Cant wait to run you w/ my new setup ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
RobPA said:
I wanna see this. Z06 with DRs, and a cam should be low 11s with a 120+ trap speed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts