ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome Blendmount Attachment DSC_0245.jpg DSC_0246.jpg DSC_0247.jpg Re-wired Smartcord w/working button and lights. DSC_0248.jpg DSC_0249.jpg DSC_0250.jpg DSC_0251.jpg
hardwired with smartcord re-wired and attached with a blendmount

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSC_0282.jpg DSC_0285.jpg DSC_0286.jpg DSC_0287.jpg DSC_0288.jpg DSC_0289.jpg DSC_0290.jpg #1 Take apart the adapter with the mute button and lights(when you do this, you can also salvage the sticker, I then put it on a bank card until i was ready to stick it back on) then gently take out the circuit board from inside the adapter.
#2 Get out your drill and drill a hole for the mute button, then two smaller holes for the lights.
#3 Carefully run the circuit board around the map light wires and mount it so that the button still works

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
That's perfect! That's exactly what I want to do on one of my button blanks

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Would the mount fit if it was inverted? I already feel the mirror is in my view. If it was above or more behind it though, I'd be real happy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow, that is a good looking install. You have me curious about how inconvenient it is to hit the mute button. I have mine in the I/C water spray button blank. So it is right next to the E-brake for me.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
wow, that is a good looking install. You have me curious about how inconvenient it is to hit the mute button. I have mine in the I/C water spray button blank. So it is right next to the E-brake for me.
On your car that's the heated seat blanks.

IC Sprayer blank is next to the fog lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's not horrible, of course i never thought about using the blank beside the foglight(which would've been a little bit more tricky to wire). that maplight area was really easy to mount the circuit board that the mute button and lights are attached to.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Repositioning the whole board to a switch blank would be as simple as cutting the 3 wires in the smart cord, adding whatever length needed then running the whole board to what ever location you wanted. And of course hiding the wires behind whichever trim you choose.

You could separate the switch from the board if you wanted by un-soldering the connections then soldering on wires of what ever length need to get the switch where you wanted it, with a little ingenuity it wouldn't be hard to mount just the switch to a blank. Then you could still have the lights in the ceiling which is pretty cool and you would have convenient placement. Although you wouldn't have the clean look of the sticker right there with everything.

Mostly just thinking out loud as I have been putting a lot of thought into this lately haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is true, and in all honesty i got rushed(kids and all) and the map light area was the easiest/best place for me. if i ever buy a straight hardwire cord, i will most likely put that button in a different spot, like a blank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts