ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys! i just wanted to give my review of the perrin turbo inlet hose install
when i first got the part it looked great, i also love the feel and texture of the silicon;)
i opted for the black model as it fit better with my bay, me and my friend same went to remove the
old inlet i didn't remove the air box just the hose that went from the box to the inlet

i proceeded to remove the intercooler,and unbolt the throttle body,which made getting the bpv recirc hose
clamp undone ten times easier,i proceeded to unclip the pcv diagnosis connector remove the pin from the male plug
and inserted it into the female plug

i broke off all spigots except for the bpv hose spigot i was quite amazed at how easy the process of removing the inlet
was and how easy the install was,i don't think this is a hard install at all,i would classify this as a time consuming install,
i got it all buttoned up,and it looks great,also fitting the inlet over the turbo was surprisingly easy as well, i did not use grease
or lube as others have described having to use i also felt getting the inlet under the intake manifold was again not as hard
as other reviews were making it out to be

this was a simple and fun install,twas given to me for valentines day along with a perrin turbo blanket which looks awesome on the turbo
overall i think the 2 items are great,my power feels smoother and is spooling a little earlier now,so there claims hold true i haven't dynoed
it to see if there was an actual power gain but i think with the inlet and turbo blanket combined it works out very well and they compliment each other

the inlet does bump up against the power steering hose but its nothing serious at all.

i just thought id let you guys know how my install went and how i felt about it
if you want pics or questions ill be happy to answer questions and provide pics

image host

upload images

hosting images

jpg image hosting

png image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Nice write up. Post up some pics, I'm sure others would love to see them.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Very nice man! Would definitely love to see pics.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Considering the Perrin inlet for my 11 wrx. I've heard mixed reviews. I'm here for the pics.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Clean the engine bay! :D

I'm glad you didn't have much trouble with the install. It was frustrating to me, but I also have a pretty big turbo :D

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Simple Green works wonders. If you look at the pics of my engine bay in the "progress thread" in my signature... you can see how well it works :D. Before I got my manifold coated a few months ago, my intake mani was spotless.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does it?hmm ill have to do that that will be something fun for me to do.safe on all plastics?do u have a brush you could suggest or some cleaning utencil to get dirt and grime thats been sitting on there for a while

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
There's a thread by sasquatch on how to clean an engine bay.

Personally, I have always stayed on top of it, and as such have never had to use a brush. I just spray, clean the wheels, then rinse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts