ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UTEC
FP18G turbo
PE 650cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Hyperflow FMIC
XX-Tuning header & uppipe
Helix 3" turbo-back
Perrin short ram
TurboSmart plumb-back BOV

~310-315 whp @ 20 psi
~340-350 whp @ 25 psi

I don't think I'll be running the high boost map all that much due to the problem with 13secwrx's car, but how will my car do against a stock EVO, or even an EVO w/ a few mods (exhaust etc.)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
SOUTHPAW said:
UTEC
FP18G turbo
PE 650cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Hyperflow FMIC
XX-Tuning header & uppipe
Helix 3" turbo-back
Perrin short ram
TurboSmart plumb-back BOV

~310-315 whp @ 20 psi
~340-350 whp @ 25 psi

I don't think I'll be running the high boost map all that much due to the problem with 13secwrx's car, but how will my car do against a stock EVO, or even an EVO w/ a few mods (exhaust etc.)?
if you are tuned fairly well, and can drive you will walk away from him in any gear or any speed. You should easily be in the 12's now. Even an evo with full exhaust and increased boost would have trouble hanging with you... especially on the top end...

:thumbup: good work



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just afraid that after putting all this $$$ into my car it will not be "fast enough" thats all. My sole purpose for the time being is to be able to beat my buddy's integra. It's got the motor internals built up, a full Greddy Drag kit, AEM ems, etc. and is a fairly light car. He is supposedly making ~300 whp. I saw a dyno chart from when it was on a $hitty tune @ 255 whp. He has no LSD and claims he can spank me......:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
umm if hes at 255whp then own him from a roll that 18g should be making at more than enought to walk him, btw im running a stg 4 with a p&p vf22 and i walk my buddys reflashed evo all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
SOUTHPAW said:
I'm just afraid that after putting all this $$$ into my car it will not be "fast enough"
Trust me.... It won't be fast enough.... You will enjoy the power for a week or two, then you will race a dencently quick car. You will win, but you will feel as if you didn't beat him as ruthlessly as you would have hoped....Then the seeds of doubt will start to sprout in your head, and start you second guessing yourself as to whether you shouldn't have gone with a bigger snail in the first place...

I think I might be needing to hook up an SR71 blackbird engine to the side of my wrx soon.. It never ends...:(
 

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found out my buddy with an EVO is talkin s#it. He's saying that he'll wup my a$$ and that my car won't be all that fast! Guess he does't know what the 18G can do.;) By the time my car is out of the shop, he will have an intake, injectors and a turbo-back exhaust. I'm not sure if he's getting engine management.....?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
SOUTHPAW said:
I just found out my buddy with an EVO is talkin s#it. He's saying that he'll wup my a$$ and that my car won't be all that fast! Guess he does't know what the 18G can do.;) By the time my car is out of the shop, he will have an intake, injectors and a turbo-back exhaust. I'm not sure if he's getting engine management.....?
He better have engine management if he's going to be running intake, injectors and turbo-back exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
it'll never be fast enough, look at 75% of the people on here who cannot quit doing things to make their sub's faster, do you think you'll be any different.

I wouldn't worry about the teg, but I would about the EVO if they get engine mgmt, and I disagree about the top end argument, your engine doesn't breathe like the mitsu's on the top end. They're also geared very well. You just gotta keep in mind that you're not always the fastest thing on the street, even though we'd like to be.

Seems like your already second guessing the current setup you're going with...evo's are fast and easily get into the 12's. It's not too late to cancel the appt and put that money toward a new evo.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
You can stay w/ an evo that has:

engine mgment
turbo back exhaust
intake
272 cams
bigger intercooler

I ran neck and neck w/an evo w/those mods...it was even to 150 mph...

anything more then that and your toast for now. That was on my 21 lb map soo...the race map wouldve taken him for sure. Good luck w/the project...Let me know when its time for your new engine. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
SBW said:
it'll never be fast enough, look at 75% of the people on here who cannot quit doing things to make their sub's faster, do you think you'll be any different.
I don't know what you're talking about...I mean look at Midknight, he did some bolt ons and then stopped. Same deal with 13secwrx, a few light mods here and there and then just leave the car as is :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,991 Posts
SERacing said:
I don't know what you're talking about...I mean look at Midknight, he did some bolt ons and then stopped. Same deal with 13secwrx, a few light mods here and there and then just leave the car as is :p
:rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
SERacing said:
I don't know what you're talking about...I mean look at Midknight, he did some bolt ons and then stopped. Same deal with 13secwrx, a few light mods here and there and then just leave the car as is :p
LOL. Eventually they will have a number you can call...kinda like they do for gamblers etc. Im slowly getting over my addiction, i think im done for now with my car. Others...dont seem to be doing so well *Looks over at 13* :tongue: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
SERacing said:
I don't know what you're talking about...I mean look at Midknight, he did some bolt ons and then stopped. Same deal with 13secwrx, a few light mods here and there and then just leave the car as is :p
:rotfl: :rotfl:

You should whoop on a stock evo from any speed... If you really wanna be an a$$ run him on the low boost map first and then say that you got the jump and wanna go again... then it's time to switch to high boost and show him why talking trash = :thumbdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
13secwrx said:
You can stay w/ an evo that has:

engine mgment
turbo back exhaust
intake
272 cams
bigger intercooler
Most guys running this setup with AEM engine management are running very close to 400awhp on 93 oct gas. Theres guys at evom. that are running just AEM, turboback, intake and mbc that are dynoing above 350+awhp on 91-93oct gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
SOUTHPAW, seeing that you are around 310-315awhp on pump, you should absolutely stomp on a stock EVO without any problems. :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top