ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a lot of issues to work out on the car-reworking things to my liking. I had a Motec M4 installed and the initial dyno tune was 280whp @ 12lbs of boost- the turbo is good for 24, i'll be sneeking up on that soon enough. Launch control is like nothing you've ever experienced. More to come.

Bret

·
Registered
553 Posts
Is that the aerosim kit? I've been looking at widebody hardware for my GC and it's really either looking like the Aerosim setup or something I fab myself. What kind of wheels are those?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
analog_909 said:
Is that the aerosim kit? I've been looking at widebody hardware for my GC and it's really either looking like the Aerosim setup or something I fab myself. What kind of wheels are those?
I am going to guess it's a Cwest, based on the cwest sticker on the side of the front.
Bret I got the car running, but had/ may still have a boost leak. I got a perrin turbo inlet, and I never really liked the way it fit with the TGVs. That is where we (guys at mac and I) felt it was leaking from. I pulled that off today and am going to hopefully restart the car tomorrow morning. If it is running well in the morning I will swing by the shop tomorrow and let you drive it if you want. I need to also talk to you about my new gears, but that can wait for a later date. If you need anything, you got my number (I think).
MCL

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'm feel'n it man!! And it's soooo white too. Don't forget to add me to the list for a ride. I'll be sure to use the bathroom prior.

Motec..............nice. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ry-Guy the body work is already existing. Very subtle, but if you see it in person it shows. It's not Aerosim's kit, but a custom job. There's nothing like building boost while sitting at the stoplight.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
SubeTek said:
There's nothing like building boost while sitting at the stoplight.
You rule :thumbup:

I should refraise my original question to what did you do the body work with? Glass, Carbon, Steel?

Either way, it looks great and I want to see it in person!

-Ryan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Diz- Silvia is still in progress, just a little slow

Ry-steel is the answer.

I'm not totally confident in the state of the drivetrain, but we'll keep upping the boost until something goes pop. Then i'll upgrade even further.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts