ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 8 year old to the fun fair. He's getting lots of free stuff. He comes running up an says "look dad I got race car numbers for your car!!!!" I took a look at the 12" x 12" plastic sticker and peeled it back. It wasn't very sticky so I thought it was just a window cling. Today before I came home from work I stuck the numbers to rear passenger side of the car where my boy's car seat is. He thought it was pretty funny. At the end of the day we went to peel the window cling off. Imagine my surprise when the clear plastic part came right off but the big pink and black number 12 decals didn't!!! :p Now I have my very own race car numbers on my window. Thank goddness I put them on the outside and not on the tint or paint.

View attachment 105384

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
NICE :thumbup:

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Priceless

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't think it looks bad, But I don't know if I'd add them to make it look better.

Atleast it makes your son happy every time he see's it, and it doesn't bother you much.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This is why I am never having kids :thumbup:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Kid hands dad sticker. Dad applies it to car. Kids everywhere blamed.
No offense, but I think both of my kids have superior logic abilities. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kids are a blast!!! We were just goffing around. The stickers will come off just not as easily as I thought. One day he got a "I'm Proud of My Cub Scout" bumper sticker. I said "WOW a new sticker for MOM's car". We she saw it she said "WOW a new sticker for DAD's car". LOL I put it on a blank black license plate on the front of my car and it puts a smile on his face every time. Little things like that mean a lot to a kid and my kid means a lot more to me than my car ;)

·
Registered
759 Posts
This is good stuff!

I leave for work around 5am. Car in the dark garage. I walk around the car closely once to put my stuff in it and then climb into the driver's seat.

One of my 4-year-old's favorite things to do is take a 8"x8" pink magnet that says "PRINCESS ON BOARD" and stick it on my car.

My car was literally 4 days old - you know, the period where I'm still showing it off - and I get to work (a 60 mile commute) to find that this magnet has been placed right over my paper plate on the rear of the car. I drove to work the entire way looking all macho with a bright pink "PRINCESS ON BOARD" label on my car!

Seriously priceless. Kid: 1, Dad: 0

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Kids are awesome. We're waiting a few years, but boy or girl, I'll get them wrenching on cars as soon they can hold a spanner.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Kids are awesome. We're waiting a few years, but boy or girl, I'll get them wrenching on cars as soon they can hold a spanner.
Good luck with that. My daughter at 3 has showed no interest so far. And I'm afraid to give her a spanner.No telling which direction she'll fling it in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good luck with that. My daughter at 3 has showed no interest so far. And I'm afraid to give her a spanner.No telling which direction she'll fling it in.
She'll take interest around 14 and a half, just before she gets her learners permit.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
sooner if the boy she likes is into cars.....especially if he likes your Rex

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Hard to predict this kind of thing. My older kid has no interest in mechanical things at all..never has, and I'd be surprised if it surfaces in the future. The younger one (10), has been known to crawl under the wagon and hand me wrenches while I change the oil...but the interest seems to be more about "spending time with Dad" than "OMG I <3 working on cars!"

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Hard to predict this kind of thing. My older kid has no interest in mechanical things at all..never has, and I'd be surprised if it surfaces in the future. The younger one (10), has been known to crawl under the wagon and hand me wrenches while I change the oil...but the interest seems to be more about "spending time with Dad" than "OMG I <3 working on cars!"
At least she'll know how to change her own oil.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My kids both truly have an interest (4 & 2). They get on the creeper and slide under the car every time I get up from it for something. And one of them is sure to become an engineer - he has already spouted off about a hundred different inventions that he's going to create that will contribute to mankind.

Reactions: Rambo

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
My wife and I are really hoping for a daughter in a few years. Boy or girl, though, I hope they show an interest. I need a close "car buddy", since the wife could care less. The dog likes hanging out in the garage with me, but it's not the same. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts