ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
046.jpg 048.jpg 052.jpg

Hey guys, this is my new car, got it a couple months ago. And one of my friends just got a 2008 Caliber srt4, and I was wondering if I could beat him in a race.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking DGM sedan you have!

As far as the Caliber, take it to a track and find out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll be taking it to a track this summer, I'll race him, but the sad thing is that my wrx is stock, and I can't put mods in it until my warranty is up because it'll void the warranty, which is in 6 or so years. :(

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
Thanks. I'll be taking it to a track this summer, I'll race him, but the sad thing is that my wrx is stock, and I can't put mods in it until my warranty is up because it'll void the warranty, which is in 6 or so years. :(
not entirely true. It doesnt automatically void your warranty, what will happen is that subaru will try as hard as they can to find a reason that your mod caused whatever problem you have and then deny the claim. It doesnt just void it fully with any mod. I had the same thought when I first got mine too

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Welcome.

I'll race him, but the sad thing is that my wrx is stock, and I can't put mods in it until my warranty is up because it'll void the warranty, which is in 6 or so years. :(
You will soon suffer from warranty amnesia.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I remember the guy at subaru saying something like that, cause like if I want to put a cobb stage 1 or 2, and an intake and all that good stuff, and if I bring it to the dealership to get it fixed, i'd have to take all of that out, and put the stock stuff back in, so that my warrant wouldn't void.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah, I remember the guy at subaru saying something like that, cause like if I want to put a cobb stage 1 or 2, and an intake and all that good stuff, and if I bring it to the dealership to get it fixed, i'd have to take all of that out, and put the stock stuff back in, so that my warrant wouldn't void.
That isn't true.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
How isn't it true?
Every dealer is different. Some are even mod friendly and don't care if you do mod. If you blow a strut under warranty...they can't deny that work based on an aftermarket intake. Unrelated.

I said this in another thread: I had a buddy who blew a synchro in his transmission on his STI. He was Stage 2 protuned, had the entire transmission replaced under warranty while still having all mods on it.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Welcome :)

Caleb T said:
one of my friends just got a 2008 Caliber srt4, and I was wondering if I could beat him in a race.
One way to find out: drop the $20 and get a few ¼-mile runs in at your local speedway...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Came from a caliber srt4 to a 2011 wrx...you'll smoke him 0-60..then he'll play catch up and be right behind u at 1/4 mile. They run 14:00 ish stock in the 1/4. From a roll they are pretty fast, he'll prob take u from a 30 roll..their fault is launch...its very tough to launch them, but they are powerful mini beasts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts