ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i bought the new prosport halo series boost gauge. Got all the electrical ran saturday and hooked the vacuum lines up yesterday... everything works great and the gauge is really nice. The only question i have is when im at full boost its only showing between 10-12 psi. is this normal for stock? everything else about it seems right on but im just not sure what the factory boost should be hitting... :confused:

·
Registered
719 Posts
So the other day i bought the new prosport halo series boost gauge. Got all the electrical ran saturday and hooked the vacuum lines up yesterday... everything works great and the gauge is really nice. The only question i have is when im at full boost its only showing between 10-12 psi. is this normal for stock? everything else about it seems right on but im just not sure what the factory boost should be hitting... :confused:
That's low brother, stock form is 14.2 I believe on the WRX, 14.5-.7 on the STi

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm... i'll have to check everything out to make sure i dont have a vacuum line kinked maybe where it goes through the firewall... That boost gauge comes with a inline filter and all that.. Would you think taking that out would make it read better?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Perhaps a dumb question, but when the car is off, does it settle to zero?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps a dumb question, but when the car is off, does it settle to zero?
Yes sir. Everything about it seems right. when the car is off it registers zero. Ive read that some boost between 10-12 is normal but like sam said it seemed low to me

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Definitely seems a little low to me.

Ray also brings up a good point too....My prosport gauge reads like 1 line under 0 when off, so I know that it's like 1psi off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely seems a little low to me.

Ray also brings up a good point too....My prosport gauge reads like 1 line under 0 when off, so I know that it's like 1psi off.
well when i first drove home it would show like you said 1 line under.. but now it registers zero and only goes up to maybe 10 to 11.. so even at that it would be a little low.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Yea, agreed....

Have you checked for any kinks in the line as you said earlier? I have the inline filter in mine and all, that doesn't mess up the reading at all for me. Maybe just go over all your hose connections one last time and make sure that they are on 100%.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, agreed....

Have you checked for any kinks in the line as you said earlier? I have the inline filter in mine and all, that doesn't mess up the reading at all for me. Maybe just go over all your hose connections one last time and make sure that they are on 100%.
I did last night and couldnt find any... Im gonna go over it again this evening when i get home and check where i went through the firewall and see if thats where.... You said you had the prosport.. what does your boost level read? I know you have stage 2 and all but just curious

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I'm stg2 with the sf intake and a Cobb OTS tune. I'm right at 18psi, exactly where I should be.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm stg2 with the sf intake and a Cobb OTS tune. I'm right at 18psi, exactly where I should be.
oh ok. im getting ready to go stage 1 and then later on stage 2. i was just wondering what i should be looking for. i just remember reading that stage 1 and 2 your boost will go up quite a bit. Its not that my boost gauge is a issue. but i definately would like it to be pretty close for when i do go stage 1 and 2 just to keep track of it.. right now its not a big deal. just enough to annoy you though. lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My prosport gauge reads like 1 line under 0 when off, so I know that it's like 1psi off.
You can pull the gauge out and adjust it to zero. There is a small access hole on the back pf the gauge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
You can pull the gauge out and adjust it to zero. There is a small access hole on the back pf the gauge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I never knew this!! I love you right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe try doing a WOT pull & see what happens.
I will when i get off work this evening. it just seemed to me on my way to work this morning its like it would hit 11 or 12 and just stop and wouldnt go above that at all. At what gear or rpms should i see peak boost levels?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At redline in 3rd gear.
well maybe thats my problem. maybe i was just stupid enough to think something was wrong.. i just woulda thought it should be reading higher. if im reading 10-12 at 4-5000 then maybe at red line it should jump more.. I guess we'll see though

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts