Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dude has got some serious money, and he loves cars, so the odds at first werent very much in my favor.
It all started when i had to feed his dogs a couple of days ago, and while in his house i couldn't help but sneak a peak at his 1999 red ferrari. Later i mentioned to him that i would love to race(jokingly), but he kind of smiled and said, "lets go now". might i say i was shocked he would waste his time kicking my ass. So he went to his garage took out the beast and said, we'll race to the end of the subdivision, which is approximately 1/5th of a mile. We started out side by side:i was raped, but i did hang with him for a second right off the line. i dont know if it is because he waited to let the clutch go, or if he punched the gas to hard and made the wheels squeel a little much. either way it was the most adrenaline pumping race i have ever been in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AHahah I can imagine, that's awesome you should ask him to bring out his car and have a little photoshoot with him, that would be fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know, i m actually meeting him tommorrow and going out to the track, ill take some pics for ya, but how do i post them in the forum

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I want to see this Ferrari too! How about a side by side pic! That would HONOR the WRX!

Oh, screw www.photopoint.com

They are going to start charging people, AND they put a stupid banner on top of the pictures. Try www.fototime.com instead!

It's FREE, you you unlimited space, and you don't get that stupid banner on top of the picture!

You can beat his Ferrari if he keeps it stock and you modify the BEYOTCH out of your Scooby!

Peace out!

Marc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not working man, i saved the pic then in the reply put image address image, and all i got was that. any help would be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

k sorry for all the posts, but i think it was worth it, and i finally figured out how to do it without any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah sorry it's a little tricky, you have to use the link feature and copy that, but it looks like you figured it out.. :)

DAMN! THAT IS ONE SWEET RIDE! YOU SHOULD HAVE SMOKED HIM! NOT!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
holy sh|t!! thats an F355 with the F1 gearbox! Those things run $140K new!

It would be an honor to loose to that!

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trust me.... It was an honor, yeah those formula one gears are so tight, he actually gave me a chance to drive it lately, and its like nothing i have ever experienced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
trust me.... It was an honor, yeah those formula one gears are so tight, he actually gave me a chance to drive it lately, and its like nothing i have ever experienced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Late Apex,

Starting with the 355 model, Ferrari offered an "F-1" (Formula One) transmission option for about $10,000. The shifter(s) are behind the steering wheel, one on each side. One is for downshifting, and one is for upshifting. (aka - "paddle shifters") There is no clutch. All electronic. Shifts in 0.2 seconds. VERY quick. Also can be set into full automatic mode at the push of a button on the console. The little "T" shaped lever on the console is for Reverse.

Mike - A MAJOR Ferrari fan!

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: fastwrx ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
actually, I just wanted to see how many others would go back to the picture and do a double-take...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts