ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 WRX stage 2 with a catted DP (forgot the brand), 3 inch mid pipe going to a single flowmaster muffler. I figured i would post a few videos of the sound for people looking around at their options when it comes to exhaust. My set up is slightly different than most 2009+ wrxs since its a single exhaust vs the factory / aftermarket dual.

Few other things to note... there is an 18inch glasspack also on the midpipe, the car is stage 2 with the OS torqued performance 91 octane tune (best out of all the ones i tired: cobb, perrin). So nothing to special here just a few vids for people looking at their options, i will add an idle vid with the engine warmed up also in the near future.

Cold start:
2009 WRX TB exhaust cold start idle - YouTube

Slow HWY Pull (3rd gear to 80):
2009 WRX TB exhaust slow HWY acceleration . - YouTube

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Wow, that's really loud at idle. I personally prefer to only hear the exhaust when I put my foot down. Glad you're happy though. Have you been pulled over yet? :tongue:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's only loud with the cold start after a few mins its very quiet. I wanted to take a video of the warm idle but its so windy here in DE that all you hear is the wind blowing by. Ill have one up soon once the wind dies down tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts