ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of the Mustang after I got it back from the paint shop Tuesday. As you can see, I still have a few trim pieces to put back on. I'll take pics of the interior and engine after I get them completely finished. Enjoy!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably not..it looked good before the new color/shelby stripes, but now it would look even better with some Torq-Thrust's. Then again, the wheels on the car aren't knockoffs, they're all original Ford with the part # tag's taped to the inside of them (just in case I ever decided to sell em). The BFG's aren't all that bad, but I would definately get new tires if I ever went to a track.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
sweeet, i was looking at pics of my 67coupe i had when i was at work friday. i miss that car. i saw a sick deal on TT2's today at a hotrod/muscle car show

set of 15" TT2 for like 600 and a set of 16" TT2's for 750

if i had the money i would've picked up a couple sets since TT2's are expensive.

So what's the rundown on your stang?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CustomS10 said:

So what's the rundown on your stang?
It was originally a regular old 6 cyl car...the previous owner took a V8 donor car and switched everything over. When I got it the 289 was in rough shape so I did a complete rebuild and that lasted until '99 when we had a huge hurricane and the motor didn't survive the 10 hour stop and go traffic from here to my parents house (normally a 1.5 hour drive). As it sits now it has a 302 roller cam motor, Holley 600 4 barrel, Edelbrock F4B intake (the same as original GT350's, just doesn't say "Shelby" on it), FMS E-cam, elec ignition, long tube headers and 2.5" exhaust with flowmasters. The tranny is a C4, but at least it has a shift kit in it. It was originally Nightmist blue, but I changed it to Azure blue, the new Mach 1 color.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
scoobie1 said:
It was originally a regular old 6 cyl car...the previous owner took a V8 donor car and switched everything over. When I got it the 289 was in rough shape so I did a complete rebuild and that lasted until '99 when we had a huge hurricane and the motor didn't survive the 10 hour stop and go traffic from here to my parents house (normally a 1.5 hour drive). As it sits now it has a 302 roller cam motor, Holley 600 4 barrel, Edelbrock F4B intake (the same as original GT350's, just doesn't say "Shelby" on it), FMS E-cam, elec ignition, long tube headers and 2.5" exhaust with flowmasters. The tranny is a C4, but at least it has a shift kit in it. It was originally Nightmist blue, but I changed it to Azure blue, the new Mach 1 color.
sweet!! on all the mustang boards i go to they act like the swap is the hardest thing in the world, but if u restore the car or most parts on it you'd swap it anyways.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CustomS10 said:
sweet!! on all the mustang boards i go to they act like the swap is the hardest thing in the world, but if u restore the car or most parts on it you'd swap it anyways.
Yep, that's true...I can't think of anything that would be reused from a I6 to V8 conversion except for maybe the driveshaft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts