Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it, *my mom* wants to get a WRX. While this may not immediately sound that wierd, if you knew my mom, you would be surprized too.

My parents currently own a Ford F350 and a Lincoln Navigator. My mom drives the Navigator, but wants to get rid of it since my dad's truck performs all the SUV tasks they need. So my mom has been looking into getting a car. She's been concidering things like the Accord and Camry... that is until I let her drive my Rex.

I had been raving about how awesome the WRX is the whole 3 months I've had it, but my mom didn't seem to take notice until she drove it. She got behind the wheel, looked at me kinda funny since she hasn't driven a manual in years, and took off. They live up in the country with nice curvy mountainous roads. To my complete disbelief, my mom drove it like I do! Like she was in a freaking rally! It was amazing. She came back so astonished with the car that she has to have one now.

Now this is wierd because my mom is such a conservative person. I've always known her to drive slow and safe, behind the wheel of big *safe* vehicles. But now she wants a manual blue WRX with a spoiler. She's also amazed by the versatility of the car. While it's an impressive performance sedan, it also is safest in it's class, has a good amount of room in the rear seats, with an accetable trunk, AWD, and all for an amazing MSRP.

I have yet to meet a person who's driven a WRX and not fallen in love with it. Not only does my mom want one now, but several of my friends and co-workers are looking into it too. In fact, a couple of my co-workers went out and bought WRXs 3 days after I let them drive mine.

Point made, the WRX is just an amazing car. I fall more in love with it every day! I can't imagine a better car for the value.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
My parents are acutally toying with the idea of getting the WRX wagon to replace our minivan.

Who knew!?!

LOL

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Yeah, it's the F350 and the Navigator are the weird parts, not the old folks part.

My folks are both talking about getting WRXs. My mom is bummed. She drives an ITR that she bought just over a year before the WRX came out and she's a Rally fan and has been drooling over Turbo Imprezas for years. Her other choice at the time was a 2.5RS, but it just didn't have enough punch for her! But we tend to keep our cars for a long time (she had her last car for 8 years) and she can't really see trading off a brand new Honda (30k miles is brand-new for a Honda IMO) already. My dad's a bit more serious. He has a modded '92 BMW 325iS. He's actually had several "rally" cars including Mini Cooper S and Lancia Beta Coupe in the past. But he loves that old Bimmer and he's always totally babied it and it only has 120k on it so it still drives like new. But he absolutely LOVES driving my car. Trades me a lot. He's had his car for 10 years now, and it would probably sell for a good price, so we'll see.

Here's the punch line - my Mom's 67 and my Dad is 68! As cool as a pair of Rex's would be , ya gotta admit the cars they have now are pretty freakin' cool cars for Grandma and Grandpa to be driving!!

Chris

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueWRXSedan: What do you want to do tonight Platinum?

SilverWRXWagon: The same thing we do every night Blue, TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

WRX vs. the world... HERE WE COME!

(yeah yeah yeah... there's lots of other great cars out there, but who could seriously dislike the WRX?)

Oh, did I mention that my grandparents fell in love with my car too? Yeah, even old people that drive fugly big Grand Marquis love the WRX when they get a taste of it.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
GV27 said:
Yeah, it's the F350 and the Navigator are the weird parts, not the old folks part.

My folks are both talking about getting WRXs. My mom is bummed. She drives an ITR that she bought just over a year before the WRX came out and she's a Rally fan and has been drooling over Turbo Imprezas for years. Her other choice at the time was a 2.5RS, but it just didn't have enough punch for her! But we tend to keep our cars for a long time (she had her last car for 8 years) and she can't really see trading off a brand new Honda (30k miles is brand-new for a Honda IMO) already. My dad's a bit more serious. He has a modded '92 BMW 325iS. He's actually had several "rally" cars including Mini Cooper S and Lancia Beta Coupe in the past. But he loves that old Bimmer and he's always totally babied it and it only has 120k on it so it still drives like new. But he absolutely LOVES driving my car. Trades me a lot. He's had his car for 10 years now, and it would probably sell for a good price, so we'll see.

Here's the punch line - my Mom's 67 and my Dad is 68! As cool as a pair of Rex's would be , ya gotta admit the cars they have now are pretty freakin' cool cars for Grandma and Grandpa to be driving!!

Chris
You must have the coolest parents in the whole world. My mom and dad found out I own a motorcycle, and both of them lectured me individually to be careful, and wear my helmet, and blah blah blah. I'm 30 years old by the way. Then they wonder why I didn't tell them I bought it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
When I was in high School, my buddy talked his mom into buying a modded '68 Chevelle SS 396.

I loved that lady.

So I know how you guys feel about this WRX.

misterx

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
kage said:

You must have the coolest parents in the whole world. My mom and dad found out I own a motorcycle, and both of them lectured me individually to be careful, and wear my helmet, and blah blah blah. I'm 30 years old by the way. Then they wonder why I didn't tell them I bought it. :rolleyes:
LOL. After riding my CBR600 my dad went out and bought one just like it! He still gives me a bunch of grief everytime I take the bike to the track though, and I'm 32!

·
1,379 Posts
Give your mom a hug for me for having the good sense to ditch the SUV!! :)

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i wish my moms (yes 2, step and normal, if ya wanna get real technical i got a 3rd somewhere out there (adpoted at birth)) step moms a 525i bmw i think it is ( i know 5 series) and my mom has a e320, both are very over rated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
GV27, your parents RULE!! I'm trying to imagine a 67 year old lady in an ITR. My dad has gotten more hip lately. He's got a euro 750iL with 18" BBS 3 piece & sport suspension. 275/35/18 in back, dudes! He sold his yellow 300ZX TT w/ B&B exhaust and Fikse FM10's. His G35 coupe arrives in a couple of days and is going to see about putting the 245 rear tires up front to put 275 in back. Little by little, we CAN change our parents.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts