ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have complied a mod list here at work in between calls when im bored. It includes stuff im getting, own, and want. It has the prices. look it over if you want and lemme know what you guys think and if there are any reccommendation. preferably check my engine section for my turbo upgrades :)
Thanks
-Daniel

**EXTERIOR**
Carbon fiber OEM STI hood 512.00 (world 1)
Carbon fiber Trunk 400 (world 1)
hella supertones 40 (XMAS PRESENT)
20% window tint 220 (XMAS PRESENT)
Tail light tint 20
Carbon fiber muffler protector 130
Rim paint/Clearcoat (DIY) 30 (Planned on 11/22)
Limited V lip 200
Carbon fiber STI scoop 75 (ALREADY OWN)
04 STI BBS rims 750 (Already own)
Grill-less mod.........DIY (Alredy own)
HID lights...........175 (Xmas present from friend)
***Suspension***
Tanabe GF210 lowering springs 100 Already OWN)

****Engine****
STI VF39 turbo 400-500
565 CC injectors 319
NGK colder spark plugs 44
Wharlbro fuel pump 99
TurboXS bov (RFL) 100
Kartboy shifter w/bushings 120
Protune (DYNO) 300
Gutted up pipe....0 (Already own)
HKS hi power.....200 (Already own)
Injen SRI.........0 (Already own)
Invidia V2 downpipe...100 (Already own)

*Add on^^* FMIC=========350>godspeed

****Interior***
STi shift knob (Traded straight accross for free)
Nothing planned for now with interior. (Possible sparco seats in future)

·
Registered
471 Posts
What no suspension? I'll see ya in a ditch with all that power. Sways FTW! They're cheap and the best thing next to coilovers or springs to change the handling dynamics of your car. If you find youself in trouble it can save your life and your car. Seriously.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Id upgrade the brakes WIth the suspension.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Very true, I forget about them to

Rotors, SS lines, and pads. But really only upgrade what you need if needs it. Thats the best route. Stock WRX brakes are good enough, unless your pushing more than 300bhp then larger or better brakes are needed. 6 Pot Calipers FTW.

Oh and suspension will help braking immensely anyway.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id upgrade the brakes WIth the suspension.
Brakes are expensive!

As for the sways, ill invest later down the road. For right now im good with the tanabeeeeeez

·
Registered
390 Posts
:|

I've always heard upgrade the suspension and the brakes before you start laying down massive engine upgrades. Loads of power is useless if you can't control it or stop. :sadwave:

It's not like you need full race coilovers with a BBK...

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Brakes are expensive!

As for the sways, ill invest later down the road. For right now im good with the tanabeeeeeez
Cheaper than emergency room visits and trauma choppers and new wrx,s

·
Registered
471 Posts
Brakes are expensive!

You wanted our advice, vecdran is right. And brakes aren't expensive. My setup done by pia was just under $1300 installed. And thats for STi diameter rotors and racing pads, their custom SS lines and fluid w/ flush. Don't buy useless ish like CF hoods and what not and get things that will really make a difference. For you car it should be significantly less as well as you like to DIY so you cut the cost in half right there.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
you forgot maf>map conversion

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Wow, Daniel just got OWNED....

I think you should do half susp. and half HP bro. I just got lowering spring on mine and that's all. I'm going to PRE on friday to get protune on vf39. I heard from Alan that he put his front strut bar on his car and he already notice the different. I can't wait to get those on my car until then, I'll take people on straight road only. hahahhaa:rotfl:

·
Registered
284 Posts
daniel....do what you want, when you want.

everything looks good, and just mod as you feel.

everyone has their opinion on what you should do first. i'd say go with whichever would make you happier, first:tongue:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Brakes are expensive!

Brakes aren't that bad :) You don't HAVE to get a BBK. Most street cars don't even need them. Something like a StopTech Stage 2 kit that upgrades your pads, changes to slotted rotors and stainless steel brake lines all around, and high performance brake fluid is all most people really need, even if they do the occasional auto-x :D

I definitely vote for sway bars too. They were one for the first mods I did on my bugeye and I'm very happy that they were. Going fast around turns is much more fun than going fast in a straight line.

Armin @ W1

·
Registered
273 Posts
I did a VF39 upgrade before any suspension mods and the car handled like s**t. The front shot skyward every time I got on the gas, dove when I hit the brakes, and I couldn't use the power because of body roll in the corners. Springs and/or sways will make that extra power not just more fun, but also usable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts