Subaru WRX Forum banner

My Flowmaster 40 series

7K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  tacomaboy138 
#1 ·
Heres my flowmaster original 40 series,2.5", removed resonator.

RallyeX

See less See more
#8 ·
Just got my Flowmaster axle back delivered to my door (planetperformace.com). Install took a whoping 20 minutes including getting the 20,000 mile heat and dirt stuck bolts off the original muffler.

I paid $189 for it plus shipping.

The sound is awesome. Nice deep, mellow tone than can be heard in the cabin with the windows up but it is not too intrusive.

As for performance gains, my butt-dyno didn't notice any significant gains, but I've only driven about 1 mile so far.

I will try to get a sound clip and post it as soon as I can.

#9 ·
refuse2growup said:
Just got my Flowmaster axle back delivered to my door (planetperformace.com). Install took a whoping 20 minutes including getting the 20,000 mile heat and dirt stuck bolts off the original muffler.

I paid $189 for it plus shipping.

The sound is awesome. Nice deep, mellow tone than can be heard in the cabin with the windows up but it is not too intrusive.

As for performance gains, my butt-dyno didn't notice any significant gains, but I've only driven about 1 mile so far.

I will try to get a sound clip and post it as soon as I can.
Great! Thanks for the info and I look forward to the clip. ;)

#10 ·
Ok, here is a sound clip. It is from outside the car at idle, revved to 2K, then 3500, then 5500.

I think this is a 60 series muffler though, not a 40 series. I am not sure as I ordered the axle back as it comes from them and did not specify a certain muffler.

In the photos, try and ignore the trailer hitch :)

http://home.attbi.com/~mattsilvey12/FlowWRXext.wav

#11 ·
Sorry for the huge photo above, clicked on wrong version. Here it is from another angle.

#17 ·
All of the exhaust is stock with the exception of the axle back.

#22 ·
I would assume that it the other midpipe ends in the same place as the stock pipe, and has the same flange, then yes it should bolt up. However, this is just a guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.