ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll, i finally got the opportunity to race a WRX with my 6700lb Turbo Diesel Truck... its a 04 LLY Silverado extended cab 2500 HD.. It is my tow vehicle for my trailored mustang and it is my daily driver... well heres the story...

I hear the rumble and the pshhhtt of a blow off valve in front of me, i also notice an sti wing on a standard WRX... Appearing mods are: BOV and Catback at least.. He had gauges in the car also... So i speed up next to him to catch a light, and there were 2 kids in the car, they look over and give me sort of a laugh... WEll i put the truck in 4wd, spool the turbo up, he starts revving the car up ready to launch, light turns and i immediately catch about a car on him, pulling to about a car and a half up to 90mph.. it was a great race and the kids looked at me dumbfounded like "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!" Anyway just thought i would share my story, its always fun surprising people with a big ol diesel truck ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
crazy! what is done to your deisel? my dad ran a 13.4 with propane/chip/exh/etc. so i know they can be fast. but its hard for me to believe your 6700lbs truck got a wrx off a dig. bad launch mabye?

·
Registered
841 Posts
My guess is the torque, those turbo diesels make. My buddy was just telling me how his uncle has a F350 and he smoked a WRX on the freeway. Which I believe but didn't think it would have a chance from a dig. I hear the "Banks" kit for the turbo diesels are sick, 4 wheel burnouts all day!

Nice Kill! :wiggles:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
POLAR said:
crazy! what is done to your deisel? my dad ran a 13.4 with propane/chip/exh/etc. so i know they can be fast. but its hard for me to believe your 6700lbs truck got a wrx off a dig. bad launch mabye?

does he launch in 4wd???

I have the late model LLY Duramax, which comes with a better turbo then pervious duramax's and almost 30 more HP Stock... I have a tuner set at 130hp, intake and exhaust (and 1 more secret mod! ;). My truck literally launches harder then my 400 awhp WRX launched, the torque just throws the truck forward like a friggen sling shot.... What the hell, ill give my secret away!!! Here is the trick... You launch the car in 4wd, then right after launch hit the buttom back to 2wd, then your motor is working less harder just spinning the back wheels and you gain a ton of midrange!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
RobPA said:
does he launch in 4wd???

I have the late model LLY Duramax, which comes with a better turbo then pervious duramax's and almost 30 more HP Stock... I have a tuner set at 130hp, intake and exhaust (and 1 more secret mod! ;). My truck literally launches harder then my 400 awhp WRX launched, the torque just throws the truck forward like a friggen sling shot.... What the hell, ill give my secret away!!! Here is the trick... You launch the car in 4wd, then right after launch hit the buttom back to 2wd, then your motor is working less harder just spinning the back wheels and you gain a ton of midrange!
Tricky:wiggles: . I like that. I never would have thought of that one. Next time I use my dad's supercharged Tacoma, i'll try that. Wait a minute.... oh well the truck doesn't have a 4wd button just the usual 4 lo, 4 hi, 2 wd shifter. Dang ... it sounded like a good idea though.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
diesels are insane... any mod you put on, boosts the power by a ton... like on the chevy duramax, putting on new bigger injectors is like 150 HP(maybe more) and 250-300 torque... its crazy stuff

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice kill :)

I love shocking people with my 99 F350 7.3L. They seem to forget what a little torque breaking and about 750lb-ft do with a truck. I have bulldog 4 bank chip, big woof turbo upgrade, 4" downpipe with 4" exhaust, and thhe bullydog intake(along with a few other toys like and exhaust brake and such) and my best kill was two kids in a civic hatch. I was minding my own business and crept up a bit. I suppose they thought they were the proverbial shiznit because they started laughing their asses off and started revving their little toy. I torqued up and the rumble and whine of the ol powerstroke gave them a new expression. The light turned and of course they chirped the tires and tried to get away, I laid rubber for about 50 feet and passed them as I was laying strip, I let off a bit to get traction then burried it again. By the time I let off you could fit a stadium between us lol. We got to the next like and these twerps wouldn't even look at me lol.

·
Registered
158 Posts
my dads pimpin the same truck, lol heavy duty tranny and all, in tow mode it'll chirp second!

it puts up a good fight to me, intake, DP's, and mbc, it goes like hell for what it weighs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts