ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone. Please help. Our tuner is coming from Singaphore in a few days and I am booked to get a flash. But I had a look at my port and its not OMB-II ?! I lifted up the carpet and had a look at the ECU, sure enough its a stock 02 WRX ECU (part# 22611AF422). It looks like some of the wires have been cutt and re-connected (Im not the first owner). Any ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
can u get a pic for us ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
buy a new ecm and connector and all that!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from Subaru Dubai, They said that I need a new harness which is 6,000 dhs (1,600 USD). Oh well, Sh%# happens. Thanks for the posts guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just got back from Subaru Dubai, They said that I need a new harness which is 6,000 dhs (1,600 USD). Oh well, Sh%# happens. Thanks for the posts guys
the harness cost 1600 dollars :whoa: wtf
might as well look for a crashed subie and get the harness offa that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id love to, but they dont sell WRX's out here... Mine is an American import. There are only a few Turbo versions around so I doubt I can find one in a scrap yard. But good idea. Hopefully I can get one on Ebay or just order one from America.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I don't understand why the ECU that is on the car already will not work. Your tunner should be able to handle the ecu as long as the ecu came of of a turrbo subaru and every thing is hooked up right. :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the ECU is standard. But the connection is different (not OBD-!! 12 pin). He doesnt have the cable cause its a 6 pin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because I have no idea which cable to get. And I live in Dubai so its a lot harder to get stuff like taxtrix cables etc. I would have to order from America.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts