ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding. I'm taking a break right now from it. I've got all the letters off but the rest of the adhesive is being a PITA to take off.
I'll have some pics of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a good pic today, but left my camera out in the car and it's pouring rain right now.

+1

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did this last night to my WRB '04. Lovin' it!!!! It is a little scary at first, but once the S was off, there was no goin' back! A little tip for anyone else. Of course I used a hair dryer to heat the letters up first, and then sawed them off with Glide dental floss, but I also used the hair dryer and my thumb to rub the gunk off. If you get it a little warm, it rolls up really well with your thumb. I didn't have a foam rubber wheel like at a body shop, that would've ruled. Goo gone would've taken 6 weeks if I didn't use the heat and rub technique.:D

I read in someone elses thread another really good tip. After I was all cleaned, I could still see a haze from the SUBARU, so I got out some Meguir's cleaner wax, rubbed it in really well, and voila, no evidence that any letters were ever there.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heated, rubbed, sprayed bug and tar remover, rubbed, heated, rubbed, etc until they all came off. Then I washed and waxed the whole car.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
That adhesive **** was hard as hell to get off. I rubbed my thumb raw trying to get it off, but it was worth it. Trunk looks so much better debadged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts