Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 6 cds are stuck in the changer...I tried to eject them all, but all it does is spin...is there a way to get them out?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Sounds to me like someone already took them out without you knowing. Are the CD graphics still shown on the display? Try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, reconnecting it and trying again. If they don't come out, I think you are screwed because the dealership doesn't repair this headunit, in all instances of malfunction, it is COMPLETELY REPLACED. I don't think they could take it apart if their lives depended on it!!!

-Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here as 13.5boostwagon.... Cd player completely locked up.. Subaru replaced the unit under warranty and sent back the CD's. Seems what happened, the player cracked a CD right around the center hole, which locked up the player.
Here's the downside: The CD that was cracked was part of a box set, so I can't just go out and buy the cracked CD without having to buy the whole set again!
Joe

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just experienced the stuck CD problem, too. I was loading the player with a set of CD's from my local library when it stopped loading. Now it won't play CD's or eject them. I tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 minutes and now it doesn't even display the CD's on the LCD. It's as if it forgot it's a CD player. The radio still works and I haven't tried the tape player.

The ***** of it is, these are library CD's due in two weeks. Does anybody know how long it takes the dealer to get the CD's back from wherever it is they send the players?

·
Registered
14 Posts
silvercharged said:
Here's the downside: The CD that was cracked was part of a box set, so I can't just go out and buy the cracked CD without having to buy the whole set again!
Joe
Check on half.com or check for used cds on amazon.com. I've often found parts of or just one cd for sale from box sets.

·
349 Posts
Ah Clem said:
I just experienced the stuck CD problem, too. I was loading the player with a set of CD's from my local library when it stopped loading. Now it won't play CD's or eject them. I tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 minutes and now it doesn't even display the CD's on the LCD. It's as if it forgot it's a CD player. The radio still works and I haven't tried the tape player.

The ***** of it is, these are library CD's due in two weeks. Does anybody know how long it takes the dealer to get the CD's back from wherever it is they send the players?
Im sure if you told the library from which you rented them your situation.. im almost positive they will let you slide on this one, unless youve stolen from the library before :eek: j/k

Maybe your dealer can take it apart.. but i doubt it.. good luck man

·
Registered
77 Posts
bump.

Has anyone figured out another fix, inplace of/in addition to disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes?

For me it's stuck on disc 5, can't eject, can't switch, can't play. This sucks, cause it's a rare import disc!!! Dag-nabit!

..btw.. after my original post I found the bit about a spring loaded switch thing.. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28928&highlight=cant+eject I'll try both..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tan; I had both, I can't remember exactly which one was #5. Could have been a CD-R or my beloved Owsley import. Would it matter to Subaru? Maybe I'll find out when I take it by the dealer in a couple days.

I do know this though--I was listening to a tape when I hit "Eject". That started the whole thing. I intended to eject the tape, but the corner button (for the CD) was the first thing I saw while backing up. I wonder if this was how anyone else broke theres too.. could be some glitch. I'm sure most folks don't use tapes, so maybe not.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nexus6 said:
but look on the bright side, if your screwed, youll have a reason to get a new aftermarket headunit, maybe navigation or a dvd monitor :)
Does Subaru sell a bracket to mount the headunit down inplace of the ashtray like in the picture or do you think that was custom?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Mine got stuck.

I just took it apart and took the cd's out. It's not too hard.

Once I put it back together I excpected the unit to work but it did not. 4 months later it starts working again but then stops once I add another CD.

I am going to just get it replaced, then sell it, then buy a new head unit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i had the same problem...i had just ordered a aftermarket radio too so i had them replace the factory first and then after i put my alpine in so when i sell the car i have good factory radio to put back in....and i also have some cheep spkers(blew the factory ones) to put back in to replce my good one

:D frederick:mad:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Stock CD player is sh!t I went over a bump on the highway (not even that big) and my CD player shut off, and ejected the CD it was playing.

WTF:confused1 :thumbdown :barf:

(new smilies 0wn)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Update

Dealer ordered a new HU. It didn't work, apparently. ...Like nothing, no radio, nothing. Put the old HU back in, and it SUDDENLY WORKS AGAIN. ?? CDs play, eject.. everything.

I realize now, when I took it out to switch the "springed lever" I never did anything to discharge any capacitors: didn't push power or turn the key to ACC with the battery disconnected; I never even unplugged the radio. Also, I have no idea if the mechanic turned the player upside down or whatever--all this stuff is worth a shot. When it had the problem it sounded like a cd was jammed in the changer. I'm just glad to have my CDs back!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts