Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2000 miles on my WRX, and pretty much from the day i got it...like 10 mins after im driving for a while...it will start to smell.....well like ass......my friends tell me its the salt from the roads here in NY ya know from snow and left over salt.....it gets on the exhaust and hot parts. and pretty much burns.......i know its not clutch...i know that smell:eek: has any one else had this problem or does yur car smell like ass too?? i bought like 10 air freshner leaf things, but the ass smell takes over....

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
2000 miles and you have all those mods already? Wow... well, I've never had my car smelling like ass before and the only advise I can give you is to try some Japanese air fresheners, they are damn strong and they smell really good.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quit farting with the windows up... :D

No, more seriously though, I've been to NY, and the smell ain't in your car, it's New Jersey.

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, how many of you are messing around with the vent on and off inside the car? I got my car since October 2001 and I had the vent on off so it only recirculate. No kidding, since October 2001 until last week... why I changed it then, I don't know. Well, I was pushing it a little, no hard or quick launch so I know it wasn't the clutch but it stunk... more like the exhaust fumes of somebody I'm following getting inside my car. No I wasn't following anyone. It seems to go away when the car is hot. I tried few dyas later again, vent open, and it stunk again. Not a burned oil scent, sometimes there is oil dropped on the engine, it burns there and stinks.
And I'm not catless yet... should I be worried somewhat? I always drive with my windows up... above 40mph, the air turbulences gets on my nerves. With the vent closed, I obviously couldnt smell anything.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Talking about smells. I went for a drive up HWY 9 in Los Gatos on Sunday, And had the car in third at about 4000rpm most of the time, and I started to smell like a wire burning type smell. Needless to say, I shifted to 4th and bogged like a SOB. I thought I might be burning out my turbo or something. But I did put some 108 Octane Boost in my car. Also on the way down, not really pushing it over 3000rpm, I smelt the same thing. Could it be brakes, OR clutch?
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I notice a burnt wire type smell occassionally--a LOT when when the car had under 10 miles. :D The dealer said it was plastic coating stuff burning off the muffler/engine--normal stuff. ..2k miles.. could it be the same thing? Has anyone tried sniffing around the car to pinpoint where it's comming from? How similar is "burning plastic" to "burning clutch"?

..by the way, my a$$ only smells like burnt plastic when I eat extra hot sauce at Taco Bell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are Most of u guys on i-club also? u guys seem alot more laid back than i-club, its alot better, i can ask stupid questions and i dont get flamed or anything! its nice.....here some pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.