ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay lady’s and gents i am the owner of a 2013 wrx hatch and I’ve recently been having some really weird power issues and I’m not sure if it’s electronic or not. So I was driving around with a friend in my car and I came to a red light when all of a sudden my check engine light came on and and my idle went all out of wack. My car wouldn’t rev over 2100 rpm and once the light turned green I managed to crawl my way into a parking lot where I pulled up the codes and they were these
5944EBF0-BFCF-441E-83BF-CCD8DEB8C8ED.png

i turned my car back on and the idle was bouncing from 1000-1200 rpm for about 5 seconds and then it would go up to 1500 rpm and stay there for about another 5 second before dropping back down and repeating the cycle. so i shut my car off and popped open my hood to check the connection to my throttle body. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary so I plugged it back in cleared the codes and started my car back up. I let my car sit and idle for about 10 minutes and those codes didn’t turn up again so I headed back home and right before I got home I went over a dip and my check engine light came back on and I lost all power. Luckily made it home and again I checked the codes, this time I was surprised...
ECFA6156-2914-4132-8D17-0236FC461B7E.png
After this check I did some research and I was thinking maybe I had a bad or lose ground somewhere in my engine bay so I got to work on cleaning my battery post and grounds to my block and the frame. I also went ahead and disconnected the wiring harness to check if I had any burnt/bent pins and I couldn’t find anything out of the norm. After I got everything buttoned up I started her back up and all codes were gone and everything was dandy until a few days later when they came back. This time I opened my hood and wiggled the wire harness’ connection point and my car died. I once again turned my car on and off a few times and the codes went away. Any insight would be much needed.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
Sounds like you found the culprit you've just got to find the precise location of the bad wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started my car up this morning and let it idle for about 15 minutes and I got another set of high circuit input codes out of the blue. I walked over to my harness connection and I wiggled it a little bit again and managed to turn my car off. Forgot to mention that when the codes first appeared my passenger side headlight blew out and I’ve noticed some slight power surging with my headlights in the past before and I’ve replaced my headlight bulbs at least 3 times a year.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
You have a short in your harness or a bad connection from what it sounds like. Where could it be?

Anywhere there is a wire on your car. You have to do a little snooping around. Check ground connection to various components and see if one that should reach ground fails to.

You can also have your alternator and battery checked if by off chance it's one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts