Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow Car Junkies,

I need Help With my Semi Stock 2016 wrx Build Im trying to build a monster;) but also keep it daily driven ive put a inivdia j pipe withe ETS axle backs witch makes it extremely loud and also ive put the big sf box and tuned it with the AP to stage 2 but the power is still not where i want it im chasing boost without destroying my car any opinions? im leaning towards the tgv deletes and the egr deletes next along with a boost controller and front mount inter cooler but im new to boost and dont understand what the difference between boost controller and what the stock controller readout is? And also wondering is there is a better way to build boost when your at a complete stop ? your input would be highly apreciated thank you

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,582 Posts
I strongly recommend leaving the car untouched and reading every single link from the initial info link in my signature first.

Do not buy anything or install anything now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I strongly recommend leaving the car untouched and reading every single link from the initial info link in my signature first.

Do not buy anything or install anything now.
thanks for the input man I've read a lot already on these threads I was just wondering I which direction it would be best to start heading in

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
You've got to have load on the engine to build any real positive pressure, or have an antilag system of some sort.

What exactly is your goal, your first post is very broad and you can go many directions. The WRX transmission is not really super robust, I'm not sure where the danger zone in the new 6speed comes in, but if you are looking for real power the sti may have been the better bet.

Tgv and egr deletes are common modifications and will add some power for sure, however it won't be life changing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've got to have load on the engine to build any real positive pressure, or have an antilag system of some sort.

What exactly is your goal, your first post is very broad and you can go many directions. The WRX transmission is not really super robust, I'm not sure where the danger zone in the new 6speed comes in, but if you are looking for real power the sti may have been the better bet.

Tgv and egr deletes are common modifications and will add some power for sure, however it won't be life changing

Yes I know I've heard about the transmission issues and I know I kinda jumped the gun when I bought my wrx instead of a sti but now I'm just focused on marking some substatioal upgrades , I'm looking into boost and fuel etc but I used to work with Hondas and I'm trying to work with this new FA20 motor

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Your fueling will be limited to the hpfp. As far as I'm aware nobody makes an aftermarket higher performance version yet. The stock one should take you on to fair power numbers but you'll be limited to gasoline as the pumps tend to burn up with corn fuels.

This is a link to a discussion that came up a while back. I would maybe read it see if anything in there jumps at you. This endeavor won't be cheap.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134525202

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
What about it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts