·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. oem bpv--- installed
2 spt short ram and heatshield --- installed
3. spt springs ---- installed
4. cobb AP ---- $700
5. autospeed TBE--- $1200 http://www.autospeedperformance.com/subaru/aspsu-ctbk.htm
6. rally armor UR flaps and hella horns - $200
7. hyper black powdercoated stock 07 rims--- $300
8. leather seats --- 600 http://www.x3racing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=RS-LR-ST-BKBK
9. CWII Carbon Fiber Hood by Seibon --- $800
10. ????

this is my mod path so far. ill be getting an AP in about 2 weeks hopfully. then a TBE and so on. what do u guys think? would u buy these parts in a different order? and what would u put in the number 10 spot an so on. thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
wunderboy987 said:
this is my mod path so far. ill be getting an AP in about 2 weeks hopfully. then a TBE and so on. what do u guys think? would u buy these parts in a different order? and what would u put in the number 10 spot an so on. thanks
If you're happy with the performance, go to Precision Tuning for a Protune, or start upgrading brakes/suspension.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
1. oem bpv--- installed
2 spt short ram and heatshield --- installed
3. spt springs ---- installed
4. cobb AP ---- $700
5. autospeed TBE--- $1200 http://www.autospeedperformance.com/subaru/aspsu-ctbk.htm
6. rally armor UR flaps and hella horns - $200
7. hyper black powdercoated stock 07 rims--- $300
8. leather seats --- 600 http://www.x3racing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=RS-LR-ST-BKBK
10. ????

EM is already on your list, so you're approaching things in a safer manner than others.

For number 10:
http://www.gimmickmotorsports.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
If you're happy with the performance, go to Precision Tuning for a Protune, or start upgrading brakes/suspension.
+1

$400 for a dyno tune by John - no AP needed

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
micah ur back! hhaha whats up

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
204 Posts
7. hyper black powdercoated stock 07 rims--- $300 8. leather seats --- 600 [url said:
http://www.x3racing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=RS-LR-ST-BKBK[/url]

Id go for the powdercoating of the rims, but id hold off on the hood and leather seats. that'll save you $1400. you could use that towards some more performance which is what id rather have more then just pretty seats and a hood. an extra $1400.00 underneath the hood would be Sexayyy :thumbup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id go for the powdercoating of the rims, but id hold off on the hood and leather seats. that'll save you $1400. you could use that towards some more performance which is what id rather have more then just pretty seats and a hood. an extra $1400.00 underneath the hood would be Sexayyy :thumbup:
what would u get under the hood for $1400?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Double post of this removed.
Some sensible mods in there (IMO). I would never spend a grand on mudflaps and a carbon fiber hood, but to each their own. ;)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
micah is back!!! how was court man? did u have it yet... oh, and star making supporting mods for a bigger turbo!
I have court next week - I'll post up the results afterwards.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
How's your factory warranty?
cause that's going bye bye lol.
-I guess that's why i'm holding off on modding my car.

Those seats are pretty sweeet. Are they actual STi or are they just cheap brand wtih the STi logo?
seems like a better deal than getting some JDM STi which is what i'd love to get

+1 on the suspension/brake upgrades

·
Registered
204 Posts
what would u get under the hood for $1400?
well you could get a turbo inlet, fuel pump, etc. save that for an upgraded turbo, just save it for performance in general. id buy the seats and hood another time. because youre not getting anything from a hood besides -20 pounds or however much it may be. but $1400.00 in performance parts you'll get something out of. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Factory hood is Aluminum, unless you buy the do-luck CF hood, you are ADDING WEIGHT ... or so I have read.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Factory hood is Aluminum, unless you buy the do-luck CF hood, you are ADDING WEIGHT ... or so I have read.
+1...CF hoods do add weight because they are made a little bit thicker and reinforced with some more carbon fiber since its a "lighter" material. One of those debatable form versus function things...

Brakes might not be a major upgrade because they already have the 4 pots on his TR. Just upgrade your brake fluids (Motul 600 is great), get some stainless lines (Goodrich for $90), and some Hawk HPS or comparable pads and you'll be stopping even better!

Start thinking of some upgraded sway bars and endlinks to go with your SPT springs and you will be taking turns and twisties beautifully.

After that, you'd still have $500 to save (if you got the above goodies instead of seats/CF hood).

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
$25 JDM STi replica Strut tower braces (pair)

best way to spend $25....seriously...they're nice!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they arnt the real sti seats but i like how they look and people have said they are are pretty soft so my butt wolnt hurt. yea i do have a 5 year warranty from the acura deal i bought it from but it had the BOV on it already so i think i should be ok. i can always take the parts off and flash back to stock map right?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts