Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 WRX with a turbocharged BRZ motor under the hood. We were scammed and ghosted by the previous owner and I’ve decided to see what I can do with it. I’ve Confirmed the block does have forged rods and pistons, other mods including intercooler, charge pipe, down pipe, and a turbo back grimmspeed exaust. He Claimed it was protuned, didn’t not give me any numbers but said it will hold 400 which I find hard to believe but I hope one of you can prove me wrong lol. If anyone is informed in this and can help me deal with this correctly please respond to this post, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
You don't have a turbocharged brz engine in your wrx.

·
BooSTIng
2,288 Posts
Yeah I am with XJ. I highly doubt the person before you, or anyone for that matter, would build the fa20 out of the brz to put into a wrx. The fa20DIT in the wrx might be build, but I can almost guarantee you it is not a brz motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I am with XJ. I highly doubt the person before you, or anyone for that matter, would build the fa20 out of the brz to put into a wrx. The fa20DIT in the wrx might be build, but I can almost guarantee you it is not a brz motor.
I am fairly sure that it is, the bell housings do not align correctly between the motor and transmission, as well we have pictures of the different exterior characteristics between each motor. And the frosting on the cake was the compression test, 12.5:1 rather than 10.5:1. Would you like pictures? I am also fairly confident that it is because I was explained all this by one of the top WRX shops I know of. Rev Works.

·
BooSTIng
2,288 Posts
Wow. I do stand corrected. I was not trying to insult your intelligence BTW. Just didn't seem right. That is quite mind boggling.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Lawyer up and hope for the best. I would push to have the sale reversed. There is no shop on Earth that would do this, this is a back yard job

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean the guy did build a 2jz G35, it’s on youtube?. So maybe there’s more of a chance of it not blowing up.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
People do all kinds of things. You need to seek a lawyer to explore legal channels. As far as I'm aware that swap isn't street legal, therefore the previous owner is in trouble for selling it.

If you keep it you are insane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts