ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I'm a WRX addict. I decided to throw together a mod journal to share with you guys. Her name is "Izzie" and she's a premium in WRB.

Current Mods:
SPT short throw shifter
35% tint all around
Gone to a better place: Drag DR-34 17x7.5 45mm (Winter shoes) Plasti-Dipped Black
Nameless Performance 5" muffler replacement axelbackhttp://www.clubwrx.net/forums/personal-sale-wanted/134529609-nameless-performance-axleback-exhaust-w-5-mufflers-3-tips-doublewall.html

Issues/Related Threads:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/general-maintenance-troubleshooting-accidents/134351986-2011-wrx-after-one-year-issues-problems.html

Thanks for looking!

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how your car comes along - journal on!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The tint is on! 35% all around. It looks good, but I wish our laws in MA allowed it to be a little darker (20% is the sweet spot for me).

I'm pretty stoked about how it came out. To anyone that's around me, Mr. Tint in West Springfield are the guys that did the job. $130 for all 4 doors and the rear windshield. Not a bad deal.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Looks nice - though I think you're right about going darker. Still, better to avoid any LEO issues.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Nice car & the tint looks great.I am risking it by doing 20%,but here in NY even 35% in illegal,so as long as I'm doing something illegal,might as well make it look good at the same time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice car & the tint looks great.I am risking it by doing 20%,but here in NY even 35% in illegal,so as long as I'm doing something illegal,might as well make it look good at the same time.
From New York Window Tint Law | TintCenter Window Tinting:

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.
Jeez I don't blame you one bit. I don't feel so bad anymore!

Yeah I did 20% on my tC and I regret it... after a year or so, finally got that unwanted attention and having to get all that crap off sucked... 35% is just right.
It's growing on me. Before I went to work today I kinda just walked around the car scoping it out like I was going to steal it. :wiggles:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty stoked about how it came out. To anyone that's around me, Mr. Tint in West Springfield are the guys that did the job. $130 for all 4 doors and the rear windshield. Not a bad deal.
Thanks for the reference to those guys, that's right out my way, I'm definitely going stop up and see what they say about a tint for my hatch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I braved to do 20%, but 35 percent in New York or even illegal, so long as I do illegal things, it is better to make it look good at the same time...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Haven't updated in a while, but I did hit 10,000 miles this morning!

So far the car has been great and I've only had 1 minor issue with it my brake light, but that was fixed under warranty. Other than that, the car is a blast to drive and I have all of these goodies sitting in boxes waiting to be installed. Soon I'll have the short shifter, low profile subwoofer and (hopefully) some new winter wheels on the car. That is unless Hurricane Irene does a number on my area this weekend!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got a sneak peak of some winter shoes that came in today from Discount Tire Direct:

Drag DR-34 17x7.5. 45mm offset. Very excited for snow and can't wait to get these things on! I'm also getting my low profile subwoofer installed under the passenger seat this Sunday. I'll have pics and first impressions of that too.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts