ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my Member Show-off page started looking like a build thread so I will throw it over here...

Alright so I picked up a 2006 SGM WRX the other weekend from the original owner. It was pretty well taken care of and just got some overhaul done to it (rings, and valves). I bought this after considering doing a EJ25 swap to my 2004, but decided to just move up to 2006.

It has been a long couple of months but since I picked it up, I drove it to work for about a week and then put it down for modifying.

Now the car has my:
MY04 STi 6MT/drivetrain/rear diff
TGV Deletes
Air Pump Deletes
Turbo inlet
Eibach Lowering Springs
FMIC
APS Dual Vent
3'' TBE
GS 3port EBCS
FP Green HTA
DW 1300's
SPT SRI
DW Fuel Pump
New tires
(take a deep breath)

Now for a tank of E85 and a protune. I can't wait!

Attachments

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will find out on Saturday when I go in for a dyno tune. I will be on IWG which will choke me up a little bit but my tuner said to expect ~400awhp.

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AND I sent an email to my tuner (Chad @ MKC) and I should have a base map in my inbox today. WOO!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Looks nice man. I like the approach =)

·
Registered
150 Posts
cool you already got the tranny upgrade so your good to go with that power.

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure, I am however on a new stock STi clutch. Not expecting TOO much life out of it but being that this build is stock block right now, I figure without crazy launches, I will upgrade clutch when the block gets some good guts.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Pretty awesome build! In for pics and numbers :cool:

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, KS Tech air pump block off plates installed as well. :thumbup:

Those bolts behind your U/P...that was fun...NOT!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Oh yeah, KS Tech air pump block off plates installed as well. :thumbup:

Those bolts behind your U/P...that was fun...NOT!
It took me about 30 minutes to do this. You did it wrong.

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless you are talking about you had your U/P off, it would have been a breeze with that out of the way.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Unless you are talking about you had your U/P off, it would have been a breeze with that out of the way.
If you got small hands you can get to the bolts on the passenger side. I didn't have my up pipe off, but it does have a flex section so I just sorta flexed it out of the way. The hardest part was getting the hard line that runs from the passenger side to part under the intake manifold off. Nothing some twisting and bending couldn't fix though :)

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah for sure. I went ahead and loosened the U/P from under the car and was finally able to get that back bolt off.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts