ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used FX35 projectors/ballasts/bulbs. Tryed a few different styles of shroud but they all looked cheesy. Took them out to the car without shrouds and mocked them up and I thought it looked the best. I'll get some pics of them on the car tommorrow.

Im so excited to have them wired and installed. Probably the only time I have been excited to go ride around at night.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Cool. I'll be anxious to see how they look on the car. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The different combos i tried this looked the best. I maybe will get some bezels from a benz and try them later, but so far i like this the best. They are going on the car tomm. and i'll snap some pics.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The different combos i tried this looked the best. I maybe will get some bezels from a benz and try them later, but so far i like this the best. They are going on the car tomm. and i'll snap some pics.
How much would you say this mod cost you?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
looks pretty good, from what i can tell of the small pictures.

How are you doing beam alignment?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in roughly $300 or so. That is with used FX35 HID parts, and a spare set of headlights. paint, dremel bits, and other crap was like another $50.

The projectors are bolted straight to the reflector bucket so I can use the stock adjustment screws. I drew a grid on the back of each bucket with a sharpie to guide where the center line was and just centered the projectors with that. They were almost perfect 1st try.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics on the car

Had an issue with the wiring harness i ordered. spent most of the day and some of the evening rewiring it and then soldering it all back together. finally got it done and took it for a ride. unbelieveable difference in lighting quality. Finally got a chance to take some pics today.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
I guess we need to be more specific... ;)

where'd you get the HID parts? I like those, because they're lo/hi, rather than just low, which imo, is weaksos :rotfl:

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
Cool man, looks good. I'm still "working" on mine lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess we need to be more specific... ;)

where'd you get the HID parts? I like those, because they're lo/hi, rather than just low, which imo, is weaksos :rotfl:
ebay. Lots of cheap fx35 projectors out there. There was a recall on the whole headlamp assembly. instead of throwing the headlights out, shaddy techs are taking out the projectors and selling them on ebay. The infinity projectors arent the best out there, but they are still very nice. Something out of an audi, acura, or BMW will cost alot more.

Good luck on yours powder.

·
Registered
174 Posts
how did you seal the back of the light? no one ever shows pics of how they did it. was thinking about selling my jdm/tsx retros and getting a set like this. you should talk to caesar with lightwerkz and get some shrouds. just doesn't finish the look if you can see the sides of the projectors.

do you think you will ever do the lense swap that caesar does? i recognized your name from the other site. i'm there too :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah no one ever does show pics of the back. I meant to when i posted. The rubber seal that goes around the stock headlight plug, i took it and fliped the middle inside out so it looked like a tube. the outside still seals around the perimeter and then i took a needle and thread and sewed it shut around the wires. then i used the same silicon sealant i used to seal the headlights and put that on the seam to make it air tight.

Im sure there is a better way to do it, but this was the cheapest and easiest. It has rained here the past couple of evenings and I also went to the car wash and blasted the headlights from all angles with the power washer to see if there were any leaks. So far no leaks and no fogging.

I don't think im gonna do the lense swap. To much money. I could care less what my cut off looks like. I wanted better lighting for driving at night, and the challange of actually seeing if i could do the retrofit myself. By the way, the site http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ is a thousand times better than high-intensity. Do yourself a favor and go check out that forum. None of that 20 post bull**** either.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i gave up trying to fix the cutoff. i can get it near perfect but i'll loose lots of the intensity. kinda defeats the purpose of the hid's if they are not very bright. i may put them up at the end of the month. if you know anyone looking for a jdm/tsx plug and play setup, send them my way. or they can just go on ebay. either way, i'm not going to open them up and risk messing them up. they will sell as is or not at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts