ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty psyched...my girlfriend got me into the Danny McKeever race school deally at Willow Springs on July 17th as an early birthday gift. It seems like a pretty good course (I mean racecourse, and class/course) with some good track time for the better portion of the day.
I'll be doing it in my own car (civic/GSR) instead of one of their Celica GT-S's....might as well test out what I've been dumping so much money into!

Anyway if any of you have been up to Santa Clarita and done this thing I'd love to hear how it is....and any tips on what I should do to prep my car are more than welcome.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm assuming that this is the big track at Willow Springs. Very fun track:D , and very fast. I had a blast the last time I went, and I'm sure you will too...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Big track at Willow is awesome....it's a very fast track. One tip if you're running clockwise....waiiiiit it out on the last turn ( I believe it's turn 9 ) If you get impatient and turn in too early you will run out of track due to miscalculation of the proper racing line...causing you to go off course. Oh, and also, the part they call the Omega is kinda tricky, but if you do it right....you can actually get a slight slight AWDrift....and it will feel veryyy nice. :wiggles:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hope you had fun.

Since it is now the 18th. Danny is a great guy. hopefully you will get some time in the pass. seat with him driving also. I know that sounds bad cause you really wanna drive, but watching him handle your car can teach alot.

In case anyone didn't know, he is the one that taeches all the celebrities to drive for the Long Beach Grand Prix.

I rode around that track with him in a 512BB and I just about $h|t myself. I didn't think the car could do those things.

Clavo

·
Registered
190 Posts
oops, sorry, forgot this

You can't add a picture from the edit screen

me at willow. rear tire is off the ground because I lifted like you would in a rear wheel drive insted of just powering through the turn. resulting in a tank slapper but luckily no spin:cool:

Clavo

·
Registered
956 Posts
I want to do that as well I am only 30 miles from there. :p maybe if I get my golf running as it could do it rather well. whats it cost?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Hope you had fun.

ClavoWRX said:
Since it is now the 18th.
I did, thanks. It was a blast. My car did really well...I wasn't sure what to expect since I've basically kept it really streetable. I totally killed my tires though. Just got Proxes 4s about a month ago and they pretty much melted and then reformed with all this bumpy crap...the ride sucks now. But oh well - well worth it.

There was only 1 WRX there. It did ok, not many mods in the HP department so I actually kept up pretty well. Killed me on the skidpad though. There was a Miata club meeting that day and the vast majority of those guys were just in my freaking way. The miata is a great platform but the drivers have to FIND THE GAS!!
I've got some good pics up on my yahoo site if anybody's interested.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scott_gaillard2002/detail?.dir=/2183&.dnm=9a2d.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
ChangstaWRX said:
Mike lets go to Willow and show em autoX stylie!Da Mystery of ChessboXin
Haha. I'm just waiting for someone to throw another time attack on the big track at Willow. Now that my car is tuned, I should be able to lower my times:) .

·
Registered
23 Posts
TygerStile said:
I'm assuming that this is the big track at Willow Springs. Very fun track:D , and very fast. I had a blast the last time I went, and I'm sure you will too...
Mike lets go to Willow and show em autoX stylie!Da Mystery of ChessboXin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TygerStile said:
Haha. I'm just waiting for someone to throw another time attack on the big track at Willow. Now that my car is tuned, I should be able to lower my times:) .
what have you gotten before? <1:30?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts