ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my almost finished 1970 Chevelle SS... I will get a picture of the finished product soon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
907 Posts
man i actually miss my 72 Chevelle...even though it was only running on 6 of 8 cylinders.....I hate the stock Rochester 2Bbl!! Cherry bombs sound good on V8's!

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we don't have any specs on it yet but the guy that is doing the engine build said it should have around 450-475 hp. by the time we get it back and around 490-500 tq. it is a 4 speed stick as well:) so its a lot of fun to drive.

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope! its a 402 big block(they left the 396 badging on there from 70-72) but it is the stock block and its bored .08 over.

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope! its a 402 big block(they left the 396 badging on there from 70-72) but it is the stock block and its bored .08 over.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
MulletBullet said:
MulletBullet said:
Dude, you just doubled your post count with that double post!! :p

Nice car, btw. Should be a great ship!

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
Real quick. Small Block Chevy (Standard heads) will have the two center exhaust next to each other. Big block will have equal spacing between the exhaust ports. Here is the small block. Notice the center exhaust ports together.

Definitely a nice ride. Welcome to the club. There are quite a few of us that understand US muscle on this board. Here are the chevelles from my shop.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Wannabe said:
Real quick. Small Block Chevy (Standard heads) will have the two center exhaust next to each other. Big block will have equal spacing between the exhaust ports. Here is the small block. Notice the center exhaust ports together.
Ah....thanks for clarifying that. I know Fords a little more than chevys, hehehe...:p

·
Registered
907 Posts
WHAT THE HELL YA TALKIN ABOUT!!! That isnt a Hemi! Hemi is over rated!!!

Man if i would have known as much then as i know now about car...I could have made that car Badass! It looked and sounded bad ass, but didnt have the balls it should have!! I would have done a twin turbo 396Ci with a Manual 6spd and a way better rear with all new suspension!

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SilverBugeye said:
Wow thats a cool HEMI!!!!!!!!!:D :D

396 would have been cooler if it was the 454 SS model... but I still dig yours:cool:
Hemi?........ 402 BB is a GM motor... the Hemi was a 426ci. but I like this better than the 454 cause it weighs a little less and this would crush a stock 454 LS6 :)

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
Weight difference between a 396 and a 454? Few grams per piston and a touch of crank weight from the longer throw. Then balance weights in the flexplate and balancer. The three guys here in our engine shop are trying to stretch the total weight difference between the two and the most we can come to is about four and a half pounds. But you can build a short stroke engine to outrun those stock 4 inchers all day long.
We cannot wait for pics of the thing finished. That should be great.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
1978 I had a Blue/White 70 SS Chevelle, 454,L88heads,850 Double pump, Duel point ign.,12-1 Comp.,Muncie "RockCrusher" 4spd., 488 rear end.....

Hope beer cans for fun.

Miss it bad,.........Not the milage, 4-5mpg;)

Shotgun

1 - 20 of 34 Posts